No announcement yet.

Winter 2021 - California to Florida Cross-Country Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked out your blog and We missed meeting you on the road by one day. We went past Benson yesterday. We are back up the road and north at Roper state park. Enjoy the warm weather and safe travels.
    Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
    2019 RAM Diesel Laramie Crew cab 4x4
    2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Blue Ox Sway Pro, Lippert Center Point Suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste & Bre View Post
      I just checked out your blog and We missed meeting you on the road by one day. We went past Benson yesterday. We are back up the road and north at Roper state park. Enjoy the warm weather and safe travels.
      Thank you....sorry we missed you also. We're spending 3 nights at the Butterfield RV Resort --- top-notch RV park & close to Tombstone and Bisbee.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We have been to both places, both very interesting. Two years ago we went from Kartchner to Bisbee right before a snow storm. We sat in our chairs looking out the back window of the 25Y while it snowed five inches. Next day we went to one of the bar and grills for dinner and could have stayed for a birthday party with a old time Bisbee barmaid theme. My wife wasn’t so sure of that so we left before it really got going. The Chiricahua National Monument is east a little but beautiful.
        Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
        2019 RAM Diesel Laramie Crew cab 4x4
        2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Blue Ox Sway Pro, Lippert Center Point Suspension.

Comment

Just got caught up with your blog, needless to say last week was quite a weather event here is TX. Glad you survived the winter storm is god shape. Enjoy the rest of your trip. BTW, good thing you didn’t detour north, along the I-20 corridor the low was -4 with a -10 wind chill.
          Jerry, Kathie, &
          Bo, one giant Lab
          2019 AF27-5
          2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
          2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
          Added 2 leaf springs each side
          50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
          Pressure Pro TPMS
          blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

Visited Bisbee, AZ today and toured the Queen Copper Mine.

Entered via original mine train and spent 75 mins underground. Walked a few mine shafts with a retired miner giving the tour.

Highly recommend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	308153 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	308135 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	308134 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	308132 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	308131 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	308133 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	308137 Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	308144 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	308151 Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	308152 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	308145 Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	308159
            Attached Files

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Wow! Definitely want to visit the copper mine. Thanks for the tip! I bet it’s nice to be warm again.
              Terry Haynes
              USAF 20 yr Retiree. 2018 29-5T 2 a/c, Disc Brakes, Slipper Springs, SoftStart, RV Airflow, AC/Gas frig, 4 Pantry slides, basement slide, slide toppers, Drain Master sewer hose, LevelMatePRO, 4 Camera Haloview System, Honeywell thermostats on both A/Cs and fireplace, TST with truck and RV spare tire monitors, BB Lithium Batteries, Clear Source Ultra Water Filter permanent mount in basement,
              2019 RAM 3500 CTD SRW LB Laramie Longhorn, Companion B&W hitch, BAK Flip X4 Bed Cover

Comment

I really enjoyed following this adventure of yours. It gave me some insight and tips into planning a similar trip. We live in WA on the Olympic Peninsula and we will leave here in early April and will travel down 1-5 through OR, CA, AZ, NM and into the Austin area. I'm going to use some of your ideas on where to stay in SoCal, AZ and NM. We will stay one month in Texas before returning home through NM, UT, NV. We are going to stay one month at Lake Almanor before returning home to the PNW in early July. Your blog gave me great tips about avoiding LA and Phoenix traffic snarls and the idea of staying overnight in rest areas and truck stops. This is our first big road trip adventure. We have never gone more than 800 miles on any one trip. I'm going to blog about our trip on our family FB page to keep our grand kids and family in the know about our journey. I like your trip to the Disney RV park in FL and I'm going to discuss a potential future trip with my daughter and her family. Grateful that you took the time to blog and I've benefited from it!
                Thank you and welcome back home.
                2015 AF 27-5, 2020 RAM Big Horn 2500 SB Diesel, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by DMILL1959 View Post
                  I really enjoyed following this adventure of yours. It gave me some insight and tips into planning a similar trip. We live in WA on the Olympic Peninsula and we will leave here in early April and will travel down 1-5 through OR, CA, AZ, NM and into the Austin area. I'm going to use some of your ideas on where to stay in SoCal, AZ and NM. We will stay one month in Texas before returning home through NM, UT, NV. We are going to stay one month at Lake Almanor before returning home to the PNW in early July. Your blog gave me great tips about avoiding LA and Phoenix traffic snarls and the idea of staying overnight in rest areas and truck stops. This is our first big road trip adventure. We have never gone more than 800 miles on any one trip. I'm going to blog about our trip on our family FB page to keep our grand kids and family in the know about our journey. I like your trip to the Disney RV park in FL and I'm going to discuss a potential future trip with my daughter and her family. Grateful that you took the time to blog and I've benefited from it!
                  Thank you and welcome back home.
                  Have a great trip & safe travels....

Dave & Donna

Comment

Working...
                  X