Winter 2021 - California to Florida Cross-Country Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRN83 View Post
    I see two posts for 12 Jan on your blog. Is the date on the most recent one a typo?
    Thanks, I lose track of the dates (been corrected) on the road .
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We leave for Louisiana tomorrow.

Sunrises in south Texas sure are beautiful in the winter.....

www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	307078 Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.0 KB ID:	307079

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Like the way you travel. I’m learning a lot from you. Many thanks.
        like the gator!
        Terry Haynes
        USAF 20 yr Retiree. 2018 29-5T 2 a/c, Disc Brakes, Slipper Springs, SoftStart, RV Airflow, AC/Gas frig, Pantry, basement slide, slide toppers, Drain Master sewer hose, LevelMatePRO, 4 Camera Haloview System, Honeywell thermostats on both A/Cs, TST with truck and RV spare tire monitors,
        2019 RAM 3500 CTD SRW LB Laramie Longhorn, Companion B&W hitch, Revolver X4 truck bed cover

Comment

Arrived at at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground in Florida today.

www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	307275 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	307274 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	307277
          Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	307276 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	307278 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	307279

Comment

Sitting here in the cold and ice and snow at the foot of the Alberta rockies, I love following your blog and living vicariously through your RV adventures. Someday for us. We put off retiring this April for one more year to wait out the rest of the pandemic travel restrictions, and allow our investments to recover a bit.
            Brian & Christi
            Calgary, Alberta, Canada

2016 Arctic Fox 24J

2019 Ford F350 Lariat 6.7l PowerStroke Diesel Crew Cab Short Box 4X4

Comment

How are the crowds? When we were there 10 years ago it was packed, but it was in March (spring break).
              Tom & Lynn
              2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
              2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Originally posted by txshirle View Post
                How are the crowds? When we were there 10 years ago it was packed, but it was in March (spring break).
                Parks are at a mandatory 30% then entry is suspended. Guests staying on the Disney property (like Fort Wilderness) are guaranteed entry. If 30% isn't met, then season park passes allowed entry. If still not at 30%, then general public. Fast-Passes not being used.

I don't even think Epcot (where we visited today) reached anywhere near 30%. The Fort Wilderness campground (799 sites) and the cabins (409 cabins) also seems to have many empty sites (unusual for this time of year). The only Disney restaurant that is closed, with no estimate of opening, is the Lands End Buffet.

All rides open & buses / boats all running as normal. No more than a 4-5 min wait in line for rides @ Epcot today, with most with no wait.

Epcot felt deserted with no crowds. Hardest part is wearing a face mask 8-9 hrs a day. Full over nose and mouth, no medical excuses, even outside, only can remove a mask while actively eating.

Hand sanitizer everywhere. Social distancing in all lines / tables. Staff cleaning railings, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.5 KB ID:	307313 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	307312

Comment

Wow the perfect time to be there. One of the few advantages of COVID. Appreciate the pictures and updates. I haven’t been there since 1978. I would like to make it back sometime. I have never heard anyone say they didn’t like camp wilderness!
                  Terry Haynes
                  USAF 20 yr Retiree. 2018 29-5T 2 a/c, Disc Brakes, Slipper Springs, SoftStart, RV Airflow, AC/Gas frig, Pantry, basement slide, slide toppers, Drain Master sewer hose, LevelMatePRO, 4 Camera Haloview System, Honeywell thermostats on both A/Cs, TST with truck and RV spare tire monitors,
                  2019 RAM 3500 CTD SRW LB Laramie Longhorn, Companion B&W hitch, Revolver X4 truck bed cover

Comment

Originally posted by IRN83 View Post
                    Wow the perfect time to be there. One of the few advantages of COVID. Appreciate the pictures and updates. I haven’t been there since 1978. I would like to make it back sometime. I have never heard anyone say they didn’t like camp wilderness!
                    Many of the Disney employees have been temporarily reassigned to other jobs. On a bike ride today, we talked to a young girl at the Swim'n Hole.

She was a costumer by trade, but since the live shows are on hold, she was reassigned to tasks at the campground. She was grateful to have a job (unlike other parks such as Disneyland), but couldn't wait for the live shows to open back up.

We've been coming here for a few years now, not one problem during our stays. We purposely pick this time of year (between the Christmas holidays and Mardi Gras / spring break) due to nice weather, low crowds and lack of humidity.

Large secluded sites, lightening fast WiFi throughout the Disney property, quiet 'non-commercialized' surroundings, guarded gate & staff everywhere (can safely walk anywhere after dark), digital television, close to parks, grocery store in park, wildlife wandering around, etc.... Been to many many state, federal, private & boondocking campgrounds and this is probably our favorite location to stay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	307368 Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	307367 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210119_235925739.NIGHT (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	307369

Comment

Thank you for the Great information. Just read your Camp Wilderness description to my boss and she was impressed. Maybe she’ll let me go there after retirement!
                      Terry Haynes

Comment

Fantastic trip!
                        Mark,
                        Roseville, Ca

2009 AF 990 camper, 2.5 Onan, 200w solar,
                        1500w inverter, Camco cat heater, foam mattress https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/core/...lies/smile.gif

2007 Chevy 3500 Classic LBZ, Aero Tank-62 gal.
                        Bilstein 24 shocks, Torklift StableLoad.TorkLift Tie Downs. Edge CTS-2 Evo.Tire-Safeguard TPMS
                        Reese Class V hitch, Front hitch.
                        ’06 GL1800, ‘75 Norton, ‘73 Honda CB500k, ‘74Yamaha DT360, ‘76 Bultaco, 68 Yamaha YG5T, 99 KDX220.

Comment

Originally posted by rtbmrgl View Post
                          Fantastic trip!
                          Thank you sir.

Just the start.... after Walt Disney World, we hit northern Florida for a couple of days, then off to Gulfport Mississippi & New Orleans for some Gulf of Mexico adventures, next the Galveston / Houston area to soak up some fine Texas culture, then off to the Benson / Tombstone area for some western wild-west fun.....

This is our 8th trip across the USA in our AF, and there is so much to see & do in this great nation.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

Thank you sir.

Just the start.... after Walt Disney World, we hit northern Florida for a couple of days, then off to Gulfport Mississippi & New Orleans for some Gulf of Mexico adventures, next the Galveston / Houston area to soak up some fine Texas culture, then off to the Benson / Tombstone area for some western wild-west fun.....

This is our 8th trip across the USA in our AF, and there is so much to see & do in this great nation.
                            Dave, when back would love to talk about your trip, Karen and I are planning on doing the same trip and more or less following your agenda.

Mark,
                            Roseville, Ca

2009 AF 990 camper, 2.5 Onan, 200w solar,
                            1500w inverter, Camco cat heater, foam mattress https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/core/...lies/smile.gif

2007 Chevy 3500 Classic LBZ, Aero Tank-62 gal.
                            Bilstein 24 shocks, Torklift StableLoad.TorkLift Tie Downs. Edge CTS-2 Evo.Tire-Safeguard TPMS
                            Reese Class V hitch, Front hitch.
                            ’06 GL1800, ‘75 Norton, ‘73 Honda CB500k, ‘74Yamaha DT360, ‘76 Bultaco, 68 Yamaha YG5T, 99 KDX220.

Comment

Originally posted by rtbmrgl View Post

Dave, when back would love to talk about your trip, Karen and I are planning on doing the same trip and more or less following your agenda.
                              We'll look forward to seeing you guys again.....

Comment

Really appreciate the pictures on your blog. Thanks for the updates. Yes I’m envious.
                                Terry Haynes

Comment

Working...
                                X