Multi-day Trip-planning app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-day Trip-planning app?

What do folks use when planning multi-day rips from Point A to Point B and would like to figure out where to stop on the route? For example, we're planning a trip from Tucson, AZ to Billings, MT (about 1300 miles). We'd like to travel about 300 miles a day. Is there an app that will automatically add waypoints at the approximate distances for each day, such that we could plan our nights? The closest I've come so far is tripmaker.randmcnally.com, but you have to set the waypoints yourself, and the distances are all from the last actual location - not the previous waypoint.
    2017 F-350 XLT SRW 4x4 extended-cab long bed
    2017 25W
    Wynne, Dave, and our cat Chiaroscuro (Chiaro - pronounced "Cairo" - for short) enjoy the RV life.

I don't know if there are any apps available that will do what you want. I use a old trip planning software, "DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2015" that does exactly what you are asking. You can set either a distance or drive time and it will pop up a little Icons at the interval you specify ( it can also do it for fuel stops based on mpg and tank size you specify). You then find your stop near the icon and create a stop and it will adjust the remaining Icon's from that spot. The software has a bit of a learning curve but it's very flexible once you learn it. Unfortunately, after Garmin bought our DeLorme, they kill the software. The 2015 version was the last one released and I doubt it's available to buy any longer, but if you can find a copy it will do what you want. As a side note, I upgraded to the 2015 version from the 2000 version and didn't see a lot of changes, but like all map things what you will loose with a older version is update/new road data. I always double check my actual routes against Google maps which can catch any recent road changes.
    2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
    2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

I also use DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2015. And I found an add on called RV directions-2012 which interfaces with Street Atlas and shows lots of campgrounds and fuel stops etc. I have not found any software I like as well as Street Atlas. There are many copies available on eBay.

Housted
      2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
      2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/core/...ilies/cool.gif 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V
      Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography, Shooting,Reloading
      Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

I use 2012 RV Road Trip Navigator that was put out by Trailer Life. When Camping world bought Trailer Life Marcus Lemonis killed it and said they were doing their own. Undertow Software tried to continue Road Trip Navigator but Lemonis wouldn't allow access to Trailer Life and Woodalls data to populate the campgrounds and gave up. The 2o12 version has most of the campgrounds at least all at that time. It is easy to use and has all the options you are looking for. I don't know if you can find it any where but Amazon has reviews on it.
        Glen & Linda
        2018 27-5L Arctic Fox,
        2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A 4X4 Ext Cab
        Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
        Blogs: Ongoing: http://glelin-travels1.blogspot.com/
        Alaska: http://glelin-travels.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use RV Parky. It has quite an extensive list of camping/stopping spots and can be viewed in map format for easy proximity to your route.
          2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 1,150 watt Solar Panels (5 @ 170, 2 @ 150), 2 Life Blue 200 Amp hr lithium batteries, Victron Blue Solar MPPT 150/85 Controller, MS2812 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter/Charger, 5.5 Onan LP Gen, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling other seasons.

Comment

Great suggestions! Thank you!
            2017 F-350 XLT SRW 4x4 extended-cab long bed
            2017 25W
            Wynne, Dave, and our cat Chiaroscuro (Chiaro - pronounced "Cairo" - for short) enjoy the RV life.

Comment

Working...
            X