Camping in Idaho and Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping in Idaho and Montana

We have reservations for a 2 week trip beginning 6 July from Salt Lake City up through Idaho and into Montana and back home. We're staying 2-3 nights in 6 different campgrounds, non are near any of the larger cities there.

Reading the Covid-19 information on the state's website's it is difficult to tell how they really feel about out of state visitors.

Has anyone visited Idaho and Montana recently that could comment on the situations there? We love to visit there but don't want to cause any unnecessary anxiety for us or the folks there.

Thanks, Jerry
    Jerry & Janice
    2016 25Y
    2012 Ram 2500, Cummings, CC-LB

Idaho no problem we have foreigners from Oregon come through all the time
    Some counties not so much like valley county had issues ( when things was shut down ) with people from Boise even coming into town to check property they had.
    2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
    2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

We are currently traveling through four different states and staying at private RV parks (most state parks are closed / limited).

Some RV parks are open as normal. Some are closed and it's a self-registration process (cash / credit card into in an envelope in a drop-box).

Some park offices are open but no public entry, but registration is via limited window access (like a drive-up bank teller).

RV parks want your business and have adjusted... we've felt comfortable in each check-in situation.

Have a great trip Jerry.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

NW Montana was mostly Covid free during the early stages of the disease. Now that tourist season has arrived, cases are up dramatically. State parks are open, federal not so much but we have lots of dry camping up here and it is a packed as normal. To the best of my knowledge, private parks are all open. We're pretty much business as usual as far as stores, restaurants and bars are concerned. Tourists are our lifeblood and are welcomed here. We are trying to keep all our scenic vistas as beautiful as ever, but be prepared for disappointment at both Glacier and Yellowstone. Both are still very popular, but the Feds have eliminated most services. It looks like Glacier will not open any campgrounds this year, but who knows what they will do next? Be adaptable and enjoy your trip.
        Ken and Rita Madsen
        2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L

Comment

Driving from the Pensacola Area in Florida to La Grande, my only problem was finding an RV park that was not full. For example, I drove from Wanship, UT, just east of Salt Lake City, to the Welcome Rest Area in Oregon on I-84 without finding an RV park not full. I camped in the rest area with a couple other campers that had the same problem. I recommend locking in your reservations before departing and having the registration numbers with you.
          2019 AF 27-5L, Onan, 4p auto level, Tire Tracker, bike rack, rear mount camera
          2020 Ram Long Horn LB diesel dually,60 gal aux, Curt 20K hitch

Comment

there aren't any legal restrictions in Idaho; all the state parks in SW Idaho are open; not positive about forest service campgrounds but most around here are open; have sure seen plenty of RV's on the roads
            Bill, '04 Dodge 2500 diesel, 2020 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Comment

Thanks to all for the information, we're going to go and see what happens.
              Jerry & Janice
              2016 25Y
              2012 Ram 2500, Cummings, CC-LB

Comment

Working...
              X