No announcement yet.

Oregon Parks Closed until Sept 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This how we do it in Oregon. https://www.yahoo.com/news/oregon-re...043808999.html

Comment

Starting Thursday Oregon Campgrounds can be booked 6 months out according to our local news. The booking time has been changed to 6am instead of midnight. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Werk View Post
        Starting Thursday Oregon Campgrounds can be booked 6 months out according to our local news. The booking time has been changed to 6am instead of midnight. Good luck.
        News article about it. Yay!!

https://centraloregondaily.com/orego...d-to-6-months/
        2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
        2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Is the power behind the throne in Oregon still imposing a tariff on non-Oregonians to make reservations?
          Mark and Anita
          2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post
            ...News article about it. Yay!!...
            Shhhhhhhhh...... Don't tell anybody !
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

That makes things easier to plan. Here's hoping they also open some of the campgrounds they closed.
              2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 80,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera on 26N, ScanGauge.
              2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
              2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

I read about it here first yesterday!

And got an email from Oregon State Parks announcing it at 10:52 this morning.

Whatta state!
                2017 Arctic Fox 992 Truck Camper
                2005 Ford F350, 6.0 Diesel, Crew Cab, 4x4, Manual Trans
                Honda EU2000i Generator
                River Wild 16' Drift Boat, 9.9 Honda Outboard
                Stillwater Trout Fly Fisherman

Comment

uh-oh

Reservations error at state park campgrounds leaves unhappy campers across Oregon: https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/20...ss-oregon.html

An error in the Oregon state parks reservations system has left many unhappy campers across the state. The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department offered an apology Thursday, after its highly anticipated spring and summer campground reservations opened six hours early, leaving many prospective campers in the lurch. On Monday, the parks department announced that its reservation window would expand to six months starting Thursday, allowing campers to plan for spring break and summer vacation. The department also announced that reservations would become available at 6 a.m. instead of midnight, as had been the practice for years.

But it didn’t work out that way.

Many people who dutifully woke up at 6 a.m. Thursday to book sites at competitive campgrounds or for coveted holiday weekends were suddenly left empty handed, beat out by campers who had grabbed the sites early. State parks spokesman Chris Havel said the reservations system vendor, Aspira (which operates as ReserveAmerica), simply did not apply the new 6 a.m. start time to Oregon campgrounds, as requested. That meant campsites opened at midnight, as usual, he said. “We have made it clear that this error must be fixed immediately,” Havel said. “We sincerely apologize for the mistake to the people who waited until 6 a.m. to make their reservations just like we asked them to.”

The 6 a.m. start time is now working, and will be in effect for anyone making reservations Friday morning and beyond, Havel said.
                  Kurt, Leslie and Cooper
                  Flagstaff, AZ
                  2018 27-5L
                  2018 RAM 2500 6.7L

Comment

So, that’s what happened, good to know. I was up at 5 and wanted to get the jump and it didn’t happen. Still got good spots at 4 camp grounds thru the middle of July. I’ve been use to Rec.gov and you have to be on at 6.59n59seconds or it’s a no go. I was able to get a spot in South Lake Tahoe in June for 2 weeks but it wasn’t easy, both me and the DW on computers hitting book now and we made it happen. The State site was great no hang ups and every thing went right thru. Making all these reservations and no trailer yet, hope it happens soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X