Recommendations for Washington Coast Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Washington Coast Trip

Am planning a last minute trip up the coast to visit with our youngest daughter in late Sept or early Oct. I pretty much have the Oregon part of the trip in hand, but have not been up along the Washington coast before. Our destination will be either La Push or Neah Bay area, maybe time at both. We would be at the destination for 3 or 4 days at least. I will do a general Google search but know a lot of people here have explored the Washington coast so would love any ideas.

Along the route up the coast the plan is to take several days and spend at least two nights at each stop. We do not necessarily need, but not opposed to, hookups at each stop. We are fine being self contained, but also fine with RV Parks too. At the final destination we would either need water and dumping ability or need to stay at a place with those a night or two before final destination and the first night after the stay. We are self contained electrically indefinitely but seem to be limited to about 5 or 6 days without adding water and a couple days longer without dumping.

On the route back, may go back down the coast stopping at different places than on the way up. Or may go inland a bit if possible to see other areas. So open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
    2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
    2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

North bound where the 101 starts to parallels the ocean is South Beach. Does not take reservations. Sits on a cliff right on the ocean
    nice beach for walking dogs. If you have time stop at the Quinault rain forest about an hour before South Beach or the Hoh rain forest father north, they also have a campground, do not take reservations.
    Gordon-Mary Anne Sunny-Radar Rescue Dogs 2018 Arctic Fox 25W 2-12 volt Interstate Deep Cycle 2015 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ HD 2500 D/A 4x4 3.73 Leer Cab High Camper Shell Honda EU2000ia Zamp solar
    Equal-i-zer Hitch 1000 lb bars
    2018 Days Camped 65 Miles Towed 4702 Total Days 424 Towed Miles 26,360 Total Miles 38,063

Comment

Thanks. I looked at those various National Park campgrounds and most of the sites had length limitations of about 20 to 25'. South Beach says "Sites for 21 feet, a few for 35 feet". Kalaloch Campground has several sites that are listed as handling up to 40'. Length descriptions seem mean truck and trailer total as they say things like "Site has 40 feet total for RVs/trailers/vehicles". I have a 29' TT and 22' truck. Looking at photos on campsitephotos.com I see some that would work and are even pull throughs. Often I fit into a site because it may only be 35' long but it is wide enough to back the truck in at an angle and beside the front of the TT. All those National Park campgrounds are first come after Sept. 8th. Looking at the reservation site right up to Sept. 8th, almost every site is booked every night. So I imagine it will be busy even at the end of Sept.
      2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
      2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
      2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

Will, we stayed at Hobuck Beach in Neah Bay and loved it!
        Russ and Jane
        2008 Arctic Fox 25P
        2015 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax
        Roto Chocks, Trojan 145's, Honda 2000, Reese Straight Line Dual Cam, Maxxis M8008 ST, TST 507 Color

Comment

Salt Creek Recreation Area is very popular. We’ve not camped overnight but we did scope it out once. Beautiful views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca from many campsites.
          Bruce & Shannon
          Enumclaw Washington
          2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L
          2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country Edition

Comment

You may want to look into a stop on the Long Beach peninsula. It extends north from the mouth of the Columbia for 26 miles. I am only aware of paid campgrounds on the peninsula Cross the Columbia at Astoria and go left to Ilwaco, Long Beach and Ocean Park. You can then follow the highway back down around Willapa Bay. Different kind of beach experience than most of the west coast. Highway doesn’t provide ocean or beach views but the beach is drivable for vehicles. There are a couple of lighthouses, Fort Columbia State Park, oyster beds on the bay side, RV parks west of the highway have beach access within easy walking distance. Here is a link to some things to do https://www.bloomerestates.com/fun-things-do
            2006 F-350 4x4 shortbed 6.0 liter diesel, 5 speed auto, 3.73 gear, B&D flip over goose neck, Popup RV3, Ford Integrated Brake Controller, TST TPMS, Yamaha EF3000iSEB generator, 2009 AF 27-5L *

Comment

Bogacheil State park along Hwy 101. We stayed there for a couple of nights. I bit of highway noise from 101. Campground overall was ok, but shows its age. A good base camp for exploring from. Hoh rainforest, Rialto beach, for example. There is a great store in Forks if you need anything. 3 stores in one. Food, clothing, hardware.
              I think we got a site with electric but the voltage was low and our EMS kept kicking off for low voltage. A good thing to protect the trailer, but annoying. A lot of shade there so your solar might have trouble keeping up. Maybe not, you'd have to see. I don't believe it had a dump station, but maybe there was one nearby? Also, you might need a Discover pass for parking in certain areas in Wa state. Not sure if Geezer pass will do.
              2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
              2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Now I'll start the planning.
                2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

Working...
                X