Us-191

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us-191

As we climbed the last summit between Vernal, UT, and Rock Springs, WY, I began to reflect on the beauty of this “off the frequently traveled path” highway. We turned north on 191 in southern Utah in Monticello and have followed it all the way to Rock Springs, WY, crossing the dry red canyons of Utah, even saw an arch, rich farm land enjoying the benefits of being in the flood plains of the Colorado and Green Rivers, the steep red canyons of Flaming Gorge, lush pine, fir, and aspen forests, cattle fattening on abundant grasslands of the high Wyoming mesas. Yes the highway was narrow in places, had its share of steep climbs and descends, and road construction but its been a wonderful a week and I’d do I it again in a heart beat. Kathie and I are blessed to have had this opportunity.
    Jerry, Kathie, &
    Bo, one giant Lab
    2019 AF27-5
    2017 Nash 24M (For Sale)
    2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
    50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
    Pressure Pro TPMS
    blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Your beautiful description sent me scrambling over to Google Maps to trace your route. I have a big Utah visit on the bucket list, as well as a Colorado loop. 191 sure looks like a beautiful drive. I only have a 32 gallon tank on my truck though. Would I need an aux tank for this route?
    Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
    2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
    2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
    , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Speaking of Utah, Susan and I dragged the '35 over to Torrey, Utah, for five days over Memorial Day weekend -- just west of Capitol Reef N.P. Utah truly has mind-bogglingly, jaw-droppingly, gobsmackingly beautiful scenery! Shout-out to 1000 Lakes RV Park in Torrey (except for pitiful WiFi.) Chatted-up two other AF's -- both 27's. We had a blast. We'll certainly return to the area, preferably in the Fall after school starts back up. Capitol Reef is perhaps the least-visited N.P. in Utah's "Big Five". Don't tell anybody! The route for us is west to Monticello, south on 191 to Blanding, west on 95 over the Colorado and the Dirty Devil rivers past Hite at Lake Powell to Hanksville, then west on 24 through Capitol Reef to Torrey, 300 miles, about 7 hours at a leisurely pace. Spectacular!

Mind the speed trap!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	speed trap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	277683
      That's one surly, taciturn cop!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	surly cop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	277684

Dav
      '15 Arctic Fox 35-5z,
      following a '15 F-350

Comment

Mnsteve, you should any problems with, we passed many stations and never ran below 1/2 tank
        Jerry, Kathie, &
        Bo, one giant Lab
        2019 AF27-5
        2017 Nash 24M (For Sale)
        2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
        50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
        Pressure Pro TPMS
        blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X