Escapees Rally Sedalia, MO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escapees Rally Sedalia, MO

Are there any NROA members going to the Escapade rally in Missouri that starts Saturday? This will be our first rally of any kind. We wanted to come to Oregon but couldn't make it that far this time because of other trips. We're staying an extra day and doing a bus tour that includes the Budweiser Clydesdale ranch. Anybody on that?

Also... we are doing a local Escapees group camp in Two Harbors, MN in July. Any chance some NROA members are coming? I'll be cooking ribs for everyone and taking money to stop playing my guitar around the fire.
    Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
    2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
    2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
    , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Steve, no plans here, but recently joined that organization somthinking of some other year to maybe check out one of their rallies. Iíd love to get a report from you on how it is, either here for the group, or a PM.
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Will do Rolland. We're kind of excited about it as they have all kinds of geek lectures and entertainment every night. There's also a nice bike trail called the Katy trail that goes through Rocheport that we are going to ride. There's also a winery we can ride to so hopefully the cabs all have bike racks on them.
      2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor

Comment

My wife and i are Escapees members, but we are doing a motorcycle trip from NC to Mammoth Cave this weekend.... Just not enough time to do everything we want to do!!!
        2017 Wolf Creek 850
        BoondockersWelcome Host

Comment

So many adventures... So little summer.

Comment

Ribs hey! Add me to list! :-) Mid July? I'm getting a back operation sometime in about a month more or less, so can't commit. Maybe filled up anyway? I haven't been east of the Teton's in nearly 60 years by way of land. It must be good in MN as it's called the "Land of a thousand lakes" Am I correct? Does everyone in MN play an Accordian? :-) (sp) Seeing the Clydedales s/b a memorable thing.
            Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
            2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Iíd like to attend an Escapade sometime but Missouri in the height of tornado season is not on my bucket list....
              Bruce & Shannon
              Redmond Washington
              2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L replacing a 2013 Lance 1685
              2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
                Ribs hey! Add me to list! :-) It must be good in MN
                Yes life is good here. The North Shore is spectacular, and it's true that you can throw a rock from anywhere and have it land in a lake. Playing the accordian will get you into the state, but you can substitute a tuba if you prefer. Our state bird is the mosquito and they are so big they carry ticks... the state insect. Minneapolis was just ranked the number 1 park system in the nation, and St. Paul was number 2. Our bike trail system is extensive and beautiful, and we have trout! People don't think of Minnesota for trout fly fishing but in addition to the North Shore, the entire south east corner of the state is in the driftless region, where the glaciers never sat. So... the land was not scoured and compressed and you have porous limestone with cold natural springs that feed the trout streams (Brookies being the native trout). Our state parks are expansive.... and most importantly... we have the Twins.

Comment

We attended the Escapade last year in Tucson and loved it. Unfortunately we have our grand daughter's birthday the same weekend this year so we will be in Colorado but not going to MO. Maybe next year if the timing works out better.
                  Rick & Debbi El Paso, Texas (NJ5W/N5GHN)
                  2016 27-5L Disc Brakes, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp Surge Protector, Sat Dish, Solar, MORryde CRE 3000 with X factor.
                  2015 GMC Duramax, Allison Trans, B&W Companion hitch, Ultimate Air Bags

Comment

Oak Grove, MO tonight. Escapade tomorrow!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	363EC5AB-4999-43D0-8514-60BA8E0DD81F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	276478

Comment

Also... we are doing a local Escapees group camp in Two Harbors, MN in July. Any chance some NROA members are coming? I'll be cooking ribs for everyone and taking money to stop playing my guitar around the fire.[/QUOTE]

Where do we sign up for the one in Two Harbors, Steve? Do you know which campground, and the dates? We've been Escapees members for a few years. Sounds like a good time to me!

Bill and Lynda Dayton
                      2016 Arctic Fox 25Y
                      2015 Ram 3500 Cummins DRW

Comment

Made it to the escapade and even backed into my spot successfully. We rode our bikes all around the fairgrounds yesterday and then went to see a champion liar spin some great stories last night. Thereíís quite a few presentations to choose from today but these are the ones I think Iím going to:

RV Technology made simple
                        RV rallyís and great destinations
                        Propane safety
                        Refrigerator operation and maintenance
                        First timers social gathering
                        The entertainer tonight is Reza who is a magician illusionist.

My turn to cook tonight so I am doing ribs Smokey. Too bad youíre not here.

Comment

We went to an Escapade a few years ago in Tucson as "newbies" to the trailer world; it was an extremely effective way to gain a LOT of knowledge quickly and learn from others' experiences. Many opportunities to learn about virtually every facet of RVing and quite a few interesting people to get to know. We had a pretty good time. (Yes, lots of them were super-old, but there were younger people around, too ...many in the pre-retirement phase and a few in the "working, but hoping" stage.) And they very generously and enthusiastically sang the Canadian anthem at the start to help out the roughly 200 Canadians in the crowd of about 2,500. Nice touch.
                          2015 AF 25W
                          2015 Ford F350, 6.7l diesel
                          Blue Ox SwayPro (1,500 lb)
                          along with Wendy and Dobby, the Labradoodle house elf.

Comment

The age group here is a pretty good mix. There are a lot of fun people and everyone is sure upbeat around here. We went to several information seminars yesterday, and all of them were very good. We went and saw Reza the magician last night and it was a full house and a great show. They have a lot of different groups within the Escapees. They call them birds of a feather groups, or BOFs. I think we are going to join the boomers group and maybe the geocacherís group. I was also looking at the Elks Lodge BOF. Is anybody a member of the Elks? I donít know that much about them actually.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9CE40A71-5959-4704-BA66-18221B2D6733.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	71.3 KB ID:	276665

Click image for larger version  Name:	EEFA802F-BE23-4C75-8B16-8D6235B1EAE8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	650.3 KB ID:	276664

Comment

Originally posted by BiLyn View Post

Where do we sign up for the one in Two Harbors, Steve? Do you know which campground, and the dates? We've been Escapees members for a few years. Sounds like a good time to me!
                              Bill if you go on the escapees website and look up chapters then the local group for Minnesota is chapter 12. Under their information is the two harbors group camp. I am just using my cell phone right now so I donít have the information at my fingertips.

Comment

Working...
                              X