• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash 26N

I am looking for a 2017 or 2018 Nash 26N...805 501-0542
    KWJ
    Washington
    22H

Be aware that there we're a few improvements to the 26N in 2019 I think. One is that they added shocks.
    2021 Ram 6.7L 68RFE 3500 4X4 CCSB | ARE MX Cap | Previous: 2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC.
    2018 Nash 26N. Rear View Camera, 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet,
    Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Thank you for the information...appreciate it...
      KWJ
      Washington
      22H

Comment

I can confirm the 2019 came from the factory with shocks. I think they changed the color scheme that year as well, more of a gray graphic vs the brighter colors.

I'm not sure what else got changed.

I'd highly recommend a 26N with the 15k AC if you plan on camping during the summer in the southern part of the country. When it's 100+ out, the 15k makes about a 20-25 degree difference. Not sure how well the 13.5K would keep up; but we're very happy with bigger system.
        '19 Nash 26N (http://milesfromdone.com/category/rv/ - mods & projects)

'14 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins - Level, Airbags, few other things here-and-there.

Comment

We have the standard a/c on our 2018. Don't use it much at all but did a few days ago. It did not do well at all. After about 3 hours it was 10 degrees cooler inside. 99 out and it cooled to 89. Left it on longer and it eventually got to 81 inside but by then it was down to 90 outside. Would not want to depend on it. Checked and our baffle looks good. Straight and sealed
          2021 Ram 6.7L 68RFE 3500 4X4 CCSB | ARE MX Cap | Previous: 2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC.
          2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
            We have the standard a/c on our 2018. Don't use it much at all but did a few days ago. It did not do well at all. After about 3 hours it was 10 degrees cooler inside. 99 out and it cooled to 89. Left it on longer and it eventually got to 81 inside but by the it was down to 90 outside. Would not want to depend on it. Checked and our baffle looks good. Straight and sealed
            I was wondering how it all went after we texted back and forth about that. Hoping you tried cooling the trailer down overnight to see if you could keep temps lower inside during the day. If you don't make it a bit more efficient before you guys get back, let's have a look at it together and see what else there might be going on.
            2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
            2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
              We have the standard a/c on our 2018. Don't use it much at all but did a few days ago. It did not do well at all. After about 3 hours it was 10 degrees cooler inside. 99 out and it cooled to 89. Left it on longer and it eventually got to 81 inside but by then it was down to 90 outside. Would not want to depend on it. Checked and our baffle looks good. Straight and sealed
              I just sent a PM with a link of some ideas on improving AC performance. It’s from another forum, I’m not sure if it’s ok to post from other forums so with respect for that sent it direct. If anyone else wants to see it send me a PM,
              Rolland & Judie, 1 Sheltie, Brinkley

2013 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, no mods

2021 19 Other Brand Travel Trailer

Comment

I am wondering what are the differences between the nash 26n 2017, 2018, 2019 models. Can anyone help me out? thank you...
                KWJ
                Washington
                22H

Comment

Welcome, kwj. If you will go to the top of any forum page and up to the top under the big NROA symbol you will find Downloads link. Clicking on it will take you to a page where you can access all years of the Northwood products by clicking on the Northwood Brochures link.. You might be able to get some info there as well as from other Nash owners here.
                  Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                  2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                  2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                  2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kwj View Post
                    I am wondering what are the differences between the nash 26n 2017, 2018, 2019 models. Can anyone help me out? thank you...
                    I think 2018 was the first year for the 26N. As noted above, that is what I have. The only difference I am aware of is that in 2019 they put shocks on the 26N. Also that year the GVWR was increased by 400 lbs. and a few of the other weight ratings changed a little. I wish I had shocks on my 26N.

There may have been other changes but I have not researched it enough to know for sure. I do know that at some point a front cap became an option but I thought that was in 2021? And I believe I read that in 2021 all the Nash TT became aluminum vs wood framing but I am not sure about that. I saw the 2021 brochure still says wood framing, but I saw a Northwood marketing piece that I thought said all aluminum even for the Nash?
                    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Didn’t the windows change recently? Thought I recall there was a supply chain issue so a different window was selected.

I also noticed the 2021 have drawers from the factory, next to the bed. My ‘19 came with a blank panel there. Hopefully I can order some drawers from Northwood, that would be really handy.
                      '19 Nash 26N (http://milesfromdone.com/category/rv/ - mods & projects)

'14 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins - Level, Airbags, few other things here-and-there.

Comment

Those of you who own a 26n, what do you do for hanging clothes? The 2018 I looked at did not have a wardrobe/closet. Thankyou for your input in this string, I appreciate it a lot...
                        KWJ
                        Washington
                        22H

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post
                          ... Hoping you tried cooling the trailer down overnight to see if you could keep temps lower inside during the day ...
                          That's the trick we found when anticipating a hot day.

We found by starting the A/C cooling in the morning, before the trailer walls / ceiling / contents / etc. become hot ... it's easier for the A/C to maintain the cool temperatures, rather than trying to play 'catch-up' when the trailer is already hot.
                          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by kwj View Post
                            Those of you who own a 26n, what do you do for hanging clothes? The 2018 I looked at did not have a wardrobe/closet. Thankyou for your input in this string, I appreciate it a lot...
                            Our 2018 only has a small hanging wardrobe at the right, head of the bed. But we left the shelves in that so we don't even have a hanging wardrobe. That works for us and the type of clothes we have because I put up a couple of long, wooden boards with hooks for sweat shirts, etc.
                            2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Will, did you put the hooks/board in the bedroom beside the bed? thank you...Kurt
                              KWJ
                              Washington
                              22H

Comment

Working...
                              X