Wanted: Center door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Center door

I did a job on the front center door under the overhang on my '07 29-5E. I wrote an email to NW service but I kinda doubt that they have one. Foot slipped off brake when hooking up. Was on an angle and the tailgate contacted the door. I was able to make it functional, but it doesn't look the best. I took it off at the hinge and pushed and pounded it out to make it fit. I would like to replace it.

Anyone know of any in existence?
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

I tried a google search under RV Baggage Door and came up with this....https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+b...&client=safari

It also gave me a suggestion of Custom RV Baggage Door which might apply more
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Thanks Rolland...I'll look into this if I don't get a answer from the email I sent.
      2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Bud, I took a look on line as I thought I saw something today. Try googling "RecPro". They appear to sell replacement parts, baggage doors, even customized for fit. Just a thought. BTW, I called NW about a very small part that maybe costs 5 cents a few weeks ago. Guy in CS was abrupt and just told me I had to go through a dealer. Very off putting. A couple years ago I needed a replacement fender and when driving to ID, just stopped and got one and paid. Apparently they don't want to be bothered any more? Hope that not what others have encountered.
        Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
        2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

I called NW parts and he was very helpful but still said I had to go thru a dealer which I will do to get estimate. Both places above want 200+ for the door. I may just call it another character mark on the RV. It's working ok for now.
          2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

One thing to remember is Northwood is a manufacturer. You can't buy a new trailer from Northwood. You have to go to a dealer. The same thing applies with parts for the trailer. It is very likely a part of the franchise agreement for dealers. Northwood has been very good at helping people out in the past and continue to help when they can. I expect this is likely a legal issue rather than anything else. If you buy a new car, you can't buy it from the factory. You have to go to a dealer. You are not able to get parts from the factory, you have to go to a dealer or aftermarket parts store.
            Dave & Marie Thomas* & Ruby the wonder dog

2016 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4WD
            2011 AF27T Silver Fox Edition, DeBoe/DoMore Step,TST TPMS. Yamaha EF2400iSHC
            2009 Toyota Venza V6 AWD.

Comment

Working...
            X