27-5L Fifth Wheel and Chevy Duramax Tow Vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27-5L Fifth Wheel and Chevy Duramax Tow Vehicle

I am pondering selling my model year 2003, 27-5L fifth wheel and its tow vehicle. The 27-5L is like new, always stored under cover. I am the original owner. This is a single slide unit, all appliances working perfectly, blue interior, dinette, hide-a-bed, new Michelin XPS 16Ē tires, 2Ē brakes. Brake components, and drums are recent. Comes with two Honda EU2000 generators and parallel kit and three ACDelco voyager batteries.

I am the original owner of the truck, a 2007, Chevy 3500, crew cab, 4X4, Duramax diesel with dual rear wheels. All available options, including sun roof, entertainment center, leather, and electric running boards. Color is silver and is in showroom condition ó always garaged. Batteries are new ACDelco, tires are Michelin XPS traction. The truck just turned 30,000 miles.and has a 20K Reese articulating hitch and a Prodigy brake controller.

I am interested in testing the water on selling this combination, though I am not entirely certain what I want to do. RVing has been a decades-long experience with a wonderful wife of over fifty years. She was recently killed by a drug impaired driver who crossed the center line at high speed. Thus, I am not clear that I will continue RVing.

My firm price on the 27-5L would be $15,000. The firm price on the truck would be $35,000. I would sell the 27-5L alone, and sell the truck after the fifth wheel is sold. Or I would sell the entire combination at one time. I apologize for being so ambivalent on this, but if there is anyone who is potentially interested, let, me know and I will notify you at such a time I make a decision to sell. I am located in Coeur díAlene, Idaho.
    Shane and Patty
    and Maddy the Labradoodle
    2003, 27-5L AF
    Chevy 2007, 3500 Dooley 4X4 LT3, Crew Cab, Duramax/Allison
    Two Honda Eu 2000

Just want to say so very sorry for the loss of your wife. What a tragedy. Hugs and healing thoughts headed your way.
    2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
    2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. I canít even imagine what youíre going through. Peace to you.

~Shannon
      Bruce & Shannon
      Redmond Washington
      2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L replacing a 2013 Lance 1685
      2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country Edition

Comment

What shocking news. You know your Northwood family grieves with you. Linda
        Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
        2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
        2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
        2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab 244K mi. SOLD 7/20/17

Comment

You have our deepest sympathies. Our best wishes to you and your family.
          Darrell & Chris
          2018 AF 27-5L 4-pt auto leveling
          2014 Lakota Bighorn LQ, 14 ft SW, 3 horse, slant load, gooseneck trailer
          2006 Hart, 3 horse, slant load, bumper pull trailer
          2012 Ram 3500 CTD DRW

Comment

Deepest sympathy for your loss. You are uncertain about what to do, so don't do anything. They won't go down much in value and unless you have to, hold on to them for at least a year. Wait until you are certain about what you want to do.
            Ken and Rita Madsen
            2003 GMC Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

Great advice! Itís always worthwhile to step back and take some time for evaluation - even in the most devastating of circumstances. Sincere condolences!
              Darrell & Chris
              2018 AF 27-5L 4-pt auto leveling
              2014 Lakota Bighorn LQ, 14 ft SW, 3 horse, slant load, gooseneck trailer
              2006 Hart, 3 horse, slant load, bumper pull trailer
              2012 Ram 3500 CTD DRW

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I would step back and wait for awhile before I would sell everything. I lost my wife of 43 years last August and didn't know what to do either. I still have my 29L and pickup and I now have a girlfriend that loves to be outside and camping and fishing. I'm really happy now and glad I didn't do anything to quickly.
                * Ron & Jeane, 2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins, Auto, Dana80, 3.54, Laramie, Slt, 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch. 2009 Arctic Fox 29 L, with many modifications.

Comment

Iím at a loss to find something eloquent to say but really hope Peace finds a way to help you heal.
                  Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Oh Shane, we are so saddened to hear that Patty died. Please know you are in our thoughts. ~Paula and Tom
                    [ATTACH]n5819[/ATTACH]
                    Tom & Paula
                    2013 Fox Mtn 235RLS
                    2016 Ram 2500 Bighorn Crew, 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel
                    Anderson Ultimate Hitch, 3225

Comment

We do have to remind ourselves that nothing is guaranteed. I pray your health is good and that you can take the time to heal and reassess your situation when you are ready. Youíve taken care of your equipment and it wonít lose much more value. There are many praying for you to get past this. Blessings.
                      Mark and Anita
                      09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Comment

You have our sincere sympathy for your loss. Hopefully time will help with the healing. Best wishes. N & M
                        Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
                        2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Disk Brakes.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
                          Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

My heart dropped when I read the tragic circumstances regarding the loss of your wife. I join all others hear in offering my condolences. Life is so fragile and our best laid plans are not our own. I too would probably wait until the pain and loneliness subside a bit before making your decision. Though RVing in the same setup as you had with your wife might bring back memories, Iím sure they were good ones and the ability to go back out to enjoy the outdoors with other friends may prove quite healing as time goes on.

Comment

Shane, I am at a loss for words. We are so sorry for your loss and pray for comfort for you. I see some good advice is already put forth so I offer condolences and hope.
                              Peter and Fran
                              2016 AF 27-5L
                              , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, Thermal pane windows, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
                              X