Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold Fridge "reinforcement" kit

Hey all,

Just installed my kit and it was super easy install. It is supposed to reinforce the door in a way to prevent what is supposed to be a common failure in that the door breaks. My understanding is when this happens you have to replace the fridge.

Either way, I wanted the bit of insurance this thing offers. It is a Norcold kit - so the fact they make it leads me to believe this could happen.

All that as a preamble to the fact the kit came with the parts to do either left hinged or right hinged. My fridge is left hinged - - so I have a full kit for a right hinged fridge I need to part with. No charge - I'll ship USPS to the first to respond they need and will use it.

I have the 10 cubic foot one that comes in the unit in my sig. Don't know what others this may work for.

Let me know if your interested......

-Kyle

2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
    • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
    • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
    • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
    • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
    • MODS
      • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
    2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
    • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

1st Iíve heard of this kit. Where did you purchase it? We are left hinged, too.
    [ATTACH]n5819[/ATTACH]
    Tom & Paula
    2013 Fox Mtn 235RLS
    2016 Ram 2500 Bighorn Crew, 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch, 3225

Comment

Originally posted by travelers View Post
      1st Iíve heard of this kit. Where did you purchase it? We are left hinged, too.
      Here is the one I used. Go to the Norcold site to make sure of part # for your fridge. There was an extensive of this problem not long ago. The search function will find it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
      2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
      2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
      *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
      South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Here's the instructions on the Norcold door hinge fix:

https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...or-hinge/page2
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

OK,

With regard to the Norcold Reinforcement Kit...

Our 27-5L has the Norcold N10LX - has anyone used the 634166 reinforcement kit for the N10LX? Is it needed for the N10LX? The hinge mechanism of the N10LX seems different from the other models, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the design deficiency has been corrected...

I'm not morally opposed to acquiring and installing this item, but knowing my luck, I'll order it only to find out it does not apply to the N10LX. Hence the query above. Thanks!

Mikey
          Mikey and Marivic Bodie (and Thor the Wonderdog Golden Retriever)

2016 F-250 CCSB SRW KR 6.7 L Diesel, B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection, RideRite Air Helper Springs, Pressure Pro Fx TPMS

2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 30 Amp, 15K a/c, 4 pt Leveling System, Booth w/Dream Dinette, WiFi Extender, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Comment

I bought the kit for my fridge, then realized it wasn't compatible. Fortunately amazon was good about taking it back. My mistake for not checking the fridge part# first (N7X).

Double check your model compatibility before you order!
            '19 Nash 26N (http://milesfromdone.com/category/rv/ - mods & projects)

Comment

Gee, I've never heard of this fix, for a problem I also never heard of. Our 25Y was built in 2011 and the fridge seems to be holding up fine. [knock on wood - er - plastic]
              2016 Ford F-350, 6.7 Powerstroke, long bed, long wheelbase, crew cab, Banks iDash 1.8 Digital Monitor, Highway Products "Pickup Pak".

2012 Arctic Fox 25Y, 700 watts of solar, two T-145 Trojan 6 volt batteries, Morningstar MPPT controller, Equalizer hitch system

(Previously owned 1997 Nash 25S which we enjoyed from 1996 to 2012.)

Comment

Just finished installing the reinforcement kit. My DW loads the door so I figured it was a must. The kit didnít go on quite as easy as it has for others. It took just a little re-bending then it snapped in. I have read here where some have used the washer and some have not. At least with how our fridge hinge is configured I would use the washer. The lower post is just a bit wider at the bottom allowing all the weight of the door to remain on the plastic part of the hinge on the door. With the washer the weight is spread out to the steel reinforcement. The washer sits on top of the shoulder on the hinge pin. The washer included caused the doors to rub just a little but I used a stainless steel washer that was just a bit thinner. That was enough to allow them to work easily.
                Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
                2017 RAM Diesel Laramie 4x4
                2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Hensley Arrow

Comment

Working...
                X