Zamp 10 amp solar controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamp 10 amp solar controller

I will be pulling out the solar controller that NW installed 3 weeks ago when they built the trailer. I am going to buy a 30 amp controller on payday so that I can install my 260 watts of solar without fear of cooking the 10 amp controller.
    $50 shipped in the continental US by USPS... Sells for $103 on Back Country Solar (+shipping)
    2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park.
    Two 6 volt GC batteries
    Two130 watt Kyocera solar panels (not plugged in)
    30 amp charge controller in May's budget...

Ours came with a 20 watt panel on it. We changed it to a Zamp 30 amp controller and added a 170 watt panel to roof. We may add 2 more panels in the future, time will tell. We also got a Zamp 200 watt portable panel in case we are parked in the shade.
    * Ron & Jeane, 2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins, Auto, Dana80, 3.54, Laramie, Slt, 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch. 2009 Arctic Fox 29 L, with many modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkies77 View Post
      Ours came with a 20 watt panel on it. We changed it to a Zamp 30 amp controller and added a 170 watt panel to roof. We may add 2 more panels in the future, time will tell. We also got a Zamp 200 watt portable panel in case we are parked in the shade.
      Yes, I will be purchasing the Zamp, or preferably, the Blue Sky 30 amp controller. I left the Blue Sky in my 22 along with a 10 watt panel on the roof. The Blue Sky has a simple display and worked flawlessly. Battery type settings and voltage adjustments (not needed for moderate sized batteries) are on the back of the controller.
      Reusing the panels that I pulled off my 22 Nash.
      I am in the newer section of an RV park and it is lacking in trees...
      I leave my 120 volt to 12 volt comverter unplugged. The panels adequately charge the 2 golf cart batteries. We are on peak or semi peak PG&E electricity rate year around, it seems. The office reads the meters.
      2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park.
      Two 6 volt GC batteries
      Two130 watt Kyocera solar panels (not plugged in)
      30 amp charge controller in May's budget...

Comment

Working...
      X