TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System

We are starting out 2015 with a refreshed website & pricing.

We were very unhappy with the brand of tire pressure monitoring system we had previously & were hesitant about trying another brand. We decided to give the TPMS systems one more chance. We loved the TST on our 1st 190 mile trip with it. But the next day we were completely sold!!! We were traveling through downtown Vegas when I heard a beep! Sure enough the monitor was "telling" us the rear 5th wheel passenger side tire was going down. We stopped at a light and I got out thinking it would be another false alarm like on our other system but nope, it was spot on, the tire was going down. We pulled into the next parking lot and found the 5 year old valve stem leaking. Dutch put our spare on and we continued on our way. We feel 100% sure that this system saved us from ruining a tire. We had the valve stem changed the next morning & we're back in business. The 2nd instance the brake caliper stuck and was causing so much heat the monitor went off. While it did destroy the caliper, I feel the system saved our rotor, tire and possibly damage to our 5th wheel because of this alert.

FEATURES:
    This system will notify you in the event of a nail puncture or other gradual pressure loss, sudden tire temperature increases, or in the event of a rapid deflation in the coach, toad, or trailer tires.

THIS SYSTEM REPORTS BOTH TEMPERATURE AND PSI SIMULTANEOUSLY!!
    During the initial setup, you set each individual tire for the PSI setting you want. When you calibrate the system, it remembers each individual PSI setting. If you some reason, down the road, you wanted to change the PSI in a particular tire or all the tires in the truck or 5th wheel, you can do that too.

ICE, SNOW, RAIN, EXTREME HEAT....WE CAN TAKE IT!!
    It consumes minimal space, remains attractive, tasteful, and optimally functional.
    Let the system monitor your tires and avoid the manual effort!!
    We Offer A 2 Year Warranty. If TST Is Offering A Special On Warranty, We Will Honor It.

OUR IMPRESSIONS:
    The monitor wasn't hard to set up and is very easy to read. We was also very pleased at how readable the screen was at night when the light automatically came on. You can keep it plugged it but but it comes with a lithium battery, for people like us who don't want to have wires hanging everywhere. It holds a charge for 30 hours. It comes with a special tool to install and remove the sensors for a nice theft deterrent. Best of all,in addition to on the dash, I put it in every out of the way cubbyhole I could find and it still monitored flawlessly. We are very happy we gave a tire pressure monitoring system another chance.
    The lit screen which comes on automatically at night is very easy to read.
    This is a good quality, reasonably priced monitoring system.
    Each system comes with a Monitor, Sensors, Sensor Tools, & Power Cord. The 510 system also includes an extended antenna.
    **BATTERY LIFE: 510 system 5 to 7 years. 507 replaceable battery system 9 months to 1 year**
    Prices range from $255.00 for a 4 sensor system to $589.00 for a 12 sensor system. All pricing includes shipping

Listed below is a brief comparison between the 510 & 507 systems.
    The 510 System has a flat screen monitor and a flat bottom. It has a curved or rounded end so it will sit just about anywhere. The battery life in these sensors should last between 5 & 7 years. When the time comes to replace the sensor, you send it in to TST with $20.00 and they send you a new sensor.
    The 507 System is shaped more like a cell phone say a Black Berry or I phone. It comes with a window Dash mount and a base stand it sits in so you can have your choice. The batteries in the sensor are replaceable. You can get them at Wal*Mart, Radio Shack, etc. They run from $1.50 to $2.50 per battery. They should last 9 to 12 months.
    Both systems are wireless and will give 30 hours of continuous use between charges. When it gets down to one bar, just plug in to recharge. Both also come with a hard wiring kit if you so choose. They both come with a wrench that "locks" the sensors on for a theft deterrent.
    Dutch and I can both hear the alarm on our 510 system but the 507 has a bit louder alarm. Both systems have easy to read screens and light up at night should you need it.
    You program the 510 by moving the buttons up or down to enter each sensor and parameter settings codes. On the 507 you hold the sensor up to the monitor and it reads it for you. You still have to manually program in your parameters. Both are easy to program.
    I carry both systems. My Customer base is split about 50/50 on which one they use. I have tried both and as a personal preference, I just like the 510 monitor better. Dutch feels comfortable with us using the sensors where you donít replace the batteries but again, it is just a personal preference. They operate the same. To date, none of my customers have contacted me saying they needed the repeater. I do offer it but see no reason to spend $60.00 + shipping if it is not needed.
    Please visit call me at 941-416-0918 10 am to 10 pm 7 days a week, e-mail me at www.plugitright.com or visit our website at www.plugitright.com for more information or to place an order. Di
    2015 Single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Asian tranny,DeBoe slidestep, AMP Door & side steps, Pace Edwards auto roll top cover.
    1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers. http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html

I have noticed comments regarding these units..and i am thinking.. I have a system in my mustang gt but it is inside the tire...i assume these just connect to your valves ? Is there a pressure limit / Will they work on my Freightliner ?

thanks
    ian
    2001 Freightliner FL60 Sport Chassis, 3126b, Pac-Brake, Air Cab, Brakes & Suspension, Ultra Shift, McCall 5th Hitch with Binkley Head
    2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T (Silver Fox Edition)
    DW- Carol
    DD - '93
    DS- '95
    Faffy & Lulu, our Beagle co-pilots

"Ka ka ka ka haina mbaraka"

Comment

Hi Ian
      Yes the sensors are installed on the valve stems. There would be no pressure limit. When you install the system you set alarm parameters to alert you that you have reached that tire pressure. I always tell my customers to set those parameters 20% above and 15% below your cold tire pressure. Yes, they will work on your Freightliner.
      If you should have any further questions, or I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Di
      2015 Single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Asian tranny,DeBoe slidestep, AMP Door & side steps, Pace Edwards auto roll top cover.
      1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers. http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html

Comment

Thank you. They are now on my list.

Only last quick question(s).

Do they measure heat and since they attach to the valve stems, does the tire need to be rebalanced ?

Thanks
        Ian.
        2001 Freightliner FL60 Sport Chassis, 3126b, Pac-Brake, Air Cab, Brakes & Suspension, Ultra Shift, McCall 5th Hitch with Binkley Head
        DW- Carol
        DD - '93
        DS- '95

Comment

Hi Ian
          Yes they do measure heat. We had a brake caliper stick and it caused such tremendous heat that out temperature alarm went to 165. Because it alarmed, we did lose the caliper but not the rotor, tire, or potential fiberglass damage.
          No, the sensors will not affect the balance & the tires do not need to be rebalanced.
          If you should have any other questions, please let me know. Di
          Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Thank you. They are now on my list.

Only last quick question(s).

Do they measure heat and since they attach to the valve stems, does the tire need to be rebalanced ?

Thanks
          Ian.

Comment

Awesome.

Thanks again ...
            Ian
            DW- Carol
            DD - '93
            DS- '95

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
              Awesome.

Thanks again ...
              Ian
              I am also looking at buying the TST 507 system for my TT. What, if anything, prevents the sensors from being stolen? Aren't the sensors simply removed during storage or when not being towed?
              2014 Nash 23b TT. 2014 Ford F-150 3.5 L V6 Ecoboost w/ max tow. Equalizer Hitch.

Comment

...oh also - does it make any sense for me to order the set with more sensors than I need - just in case?? I have a dual-axle, 4-wheel TT (my truck already has pressure monitors) and see that the 6-sensor kit is only about $50 more total than the 4-sensor kit. Each sensor is $50 or $60.
                2014 Nash 23b TT. 2014 Ford F-150 3.5 L V6 Ecoboost w/ max tow. Equalizer Hitch.

Comment

If you purchase the 510 and regular 507 systems, the sensors have a tool that you use when installing. Once snugged up and the tool removed, the end of the sensor will spin but not come off. You need to use the tool to remove the sensor, so the tool is a theft deterrent but nothing today can protect you 100%. If you are looking at the 507 with flow thru sensors, they do not have the tool because of their design but you use provided allen screw & tighten them with the provided allen wrench. There is room to use 2 screws if you like which would make it much harder for someone to remove the sensors if without you or your neighbor noticing someone at your rig. You can remove any of the sensors if your are not using the RV say for more than a month at a time to help extend the battery life but since we are fulltimers, we never take ours off. Removing will extend the life a month or two but that is about it from my experience.
                  Hmmm, 4 or 6 sensor systems; it is really up to you. If you only need 4, I would get 4 unless you are thinking of putting them on the truck or the RV spare tire of the RV and/or truck. It is only $50.00 more if you get the 6 but only you can make that decision. Your question of "just in case"; did you mean that as protection after the warranty is up or like I said possibly using them some place else. You are correct, it would be $90.00 to order 2 sensors from me down the road.
                  If you have any further questions or I can be of further assistance just let me know. Di
                  Originally posted by Zapatasghost View Post
                  ...oh also - does it make any sense for me to order the set with more sensors than I need - just in case?? I have a dual-axle, 4-wheel TT (my truck already has pressure monitors) and see that the 6-sensor kit is only about $50 more total than the 4-sensor kit. Each sensor is $50 or $60.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapatasghost View Post
                    I am also looking at buying the TST 507 system for my TT. What, if anything, prevents the sensors from being stolen? Aren't the sensors simply removed during storage or when not being towed?

The system comes with two small metal tools that resemble small bent spoons. The sensors are placed onto the tire stems by hand, then the tool snugs-up a rear nut on the sensors that when tightened, just allows the sensors to spin and can't be removed. They are then easily removed again with the tool.

BTW: I tried my new 507 system with 4 sensors on my trailer. Easy set-up, but they tended to stop being received by the monitor in the truck from time to time. I purchased the 'booster' at the same time I bought the sensors, and now with the booster, absolutely no problems with 3,000 miles of use so far.

I learned that due to all of the electronics /toys we have running in the truck, it was drowning out the TMS sensors from being received. I keep the 12v 'booster' plugged in while traveling, into the 12v television plug in the bedroom.

We are very pleased with the 507 TMS system. We bought ours from Plugitright.
                    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Tires.

Comment

Just before setting out on our trip last Saturday I installed the TST 507 on my truck and trailer tires and would give it two thumbs up. I couldn't decide where I wanted the monitor mounted but now after three days of driving just over 1200 miles I've got a pretty good idea where it will go. For the time it's slide in a cubby and easily gets the signals from our 27-5L without the booster. I ran out of time to install the booster but brought it along just in case. I would recommend it to anyone. Great peace of mind but also knowledge of what is going on with the tires. It's pretty interning to see how PSI and Temps change with the changes of ambient temps and elevations.
                      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                        Just before setting out on our trip last Saturday I installed the TST 507 on my truck and trailer tires and would give it two thumbs up. I couldn't decide where I wanted the monitor mounted but now after three days of driving just over 1200 miles I've got a pretty good idea where it will go. For the time it's slide in a cubby and easily gets the signals from our 27-5L without the booster. I ran out of time to install the booster but brought it along just in case. I would recommend it to anyone. Great peace of mind but also knowledge of what is going on with the tires. It's pretty interning to see how PSI and Temps change with the changes of ambient temps and elevations.
                        Your spot on!

When we first installed the sensors, we also watched in amazement on how much the individual PSI levels and tire temperatures fluctuate. We also noticed up to 15 degree difference in tire temperatures between the tires traveling on the shade side of the trailer and the tires on the sunny side of the trailer.

We have relied on the accuracy of the receiver so much, we don't even pay attention to the instant readings anymore.... we just rely on a high temp / low PSI alarm to warn us of impending troubles.
                        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Tires.

Comment

I have the hawkshead system (http://www.tpms.ca/) which looks very similar. Very happy with it, but I did have my sensors stolen one time. I never bothered using the Alan keys to hold them in place.

The system I have resembles this TST system so closely i am wondering if the more theft proof sensors are compatible?
                          2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
                          2007 Dodge 5.9 3500 SB (Formerly Chev dually)
                          Caravan Wagon Master
                          http://dlink.natcoa.net/trailer.JPG

Comment

I have the same system and don't need the booster with my 29-5T. With my 17.5 tires and this system I forget I have tires on the trailer!
                            Tony
                            2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
                            Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
                            2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
                            Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

I have the TST system with flow through sensors. After 6 months use, all is working fine.
                              Dave & Sandy 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost V6 4WD 3.73 White SnugTop Shell Equalizer Brand 1400# 2013 Nash 23D 40 Amp AM Solar System Trojan T145+

Comment

Working...
                              X