Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF 24 J Model a Good Choice? Differences btwn 2017 and 2018 Models?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF 24 J Model a Good Choice? Differences btwn 2017 and 2018 Models?

Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 2017 AF24J and the 2018 model? We haven't ordered yet and still deciding for sure that this is the model we want. Does anyone have tips on what they like or don't like on the 24J? Any reasons you love the other (under 30 ft) AF models better?
    Hoping for Arctic Fox (Probably going to be a 24J)

The 24J was on our list but we went with the 25Y. The 25Y's split bathroom makes it feel bigger than it is.

All the glass and windows also make the 25Y bright and airy.

Finally, the Y is fully usable with the slide in. The only other TT we would love as much as the Y is the 32A, which is a little longer than we wanted.
    2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Firestone Transforce HT LT225/75-16, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, EMS-HW30C surge protector
    2013 Silverado 2500HD, LML Duramax, manual 4x4, crew cab, std box

Comment

Tamie - We also chose the 25Y - 3 main reasons. The separate bathroom was appealing, the large rear window is great for a good view, and the more open bedroom area gives great space for our dogs to sleep at the foot of there bed as well as opening up the area around the bed for simple things like dressing etc. Of course, every floor plan has their devotees and the 24J looks good - you have a good start by listening to what others appreciated, but in the end you need to apply your own priorities to the different features. Whatever you choose, you are getting into one of the better trailer brands and you will enjoy it. Good luck with your search.
      2015 GMC 2500 CC Z-71 Duramax - ProPride hitch
      2016 AF 25Y with 100W factory solar panel

Comment

We went with the 24J over the 25Y because of the outside kitchen which we really like to use. Also ours was optioned with the recliners which makes tv viewing better.
        2016 24J
        2009 F350

Comment

We went with the 25Y for the bedroom/bathroom/shower layout, kitchen and dining layout, and the large back window. Down side for us on the Y is not quite enough counter space.
          2012 Dodge Laramie, 2500 diesel, crew cab
          2015 Arctic Fox 25Y, TM-2030 battery monitor,SC-2030 solar charger, 300w solar system,Tripp-Lite power inverter,TPMS-510RV

Comment

I went with the 25W after looking through a 24J. The unit I went through was being used full time by someone who owns an RV park spends countless hours going over everything about these things. After talking with him and going through the 24J, I went with the 25w because I like to rear kitchen and sometimes I have guests and needed a little more sleeping space.
            2015 F250SD | 2016 KLR650 | 2018 AF 25W
            www.erraticway.com | and roads less traveled
            "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." ~Xenocrates

Comment

We went with the 2017 24j with no regrets. We have begun full timing with it since December, nearly 5 months. The 25J has over 300 lbs more cargo capacity for one reason. My modest wife wanted the bed and bath separated so the sounds and smells of the latter are less likely transmitted to the former. Went with the generator-ready option for the extra storage compartments and filled the generator space with 4 batteries (660 Ahr) and connection to a portable 500 Watt solar array (plan on extended dry camping). We LOVE the 24J. Note we also have 3 large dogs and the dinette table has been stowed 100% of the time for their bed (waterproof fitted sheet works along with throw pillows)... we have a beach folding love seat that as very comfortable and stows in the corner to watch TV. We have 2 counter height ( not bar height) folding stools and use the 24J counter as our dining table... and the stools fold for easy storage on the floor at the foot of the bed. Full timing has uncovered a few minor things to fix sooner than a weekend use owner and Northwood has been great and proactive with fixes at no expense to us. With either choice you will have a great home on wheels.
              Last edited by Mark100k; 04-23-2017, 07:23 AM. Reason: Darn spel chequer needed correction.
              2017 AF 24J
              2004 F-350 DRW
              soon to be nomad

Comment

I don't see the 24J on the current Northwood website. It was a fairly new model--did they goof on the website or has it been discontinued?
                Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
                2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 240K Miles (4/12/2017)

Comment

Originally posted by foxyrvlady View Post
                  I don't see the 24J on the current Northwood website. It was a fairly new model--did they goof on the website or has it been discontinued?
                  Saw that too. Also noticed that they only have two Fox Mountains and two Snow Rivers. The 24J floor plan is a really common floor plan from most all brands,
                  2012 Ram 2500 CTD
                  2013 Fox Mountain 235 RLS

Comment

We looked at those. I was surprised at how much my wife liked that model. It's very similar to what we ended up with, a 25R. When in the RV she sits on the couch and watches TV and I sit at the dinette and surf the net or read. As the 24J didn't have the dinette and couch which I though more suited our use I leaned heavily towards the 25R. It would have been interesting to see how we would have adapted to the outside kitchen facilities. I think given the chance it could have been a pretty cool unit lending itself a bit more to an outside living arrangement when at the campsite, whatever that my be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamie22 View Post
                      Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 2017 AF24J and the 2018 model? We haven't ordered yet and still deciding for sure that this is the model we want. Does anyone have tips on what they like or don't like on the 24J? Any reasons you love the other (under 30 ft) AF models better?
                      We purchased our 2017 24J a couple weeks ago. We were told the 24J was discontinued for 2018. Don't know the reason.

So far we love it. No major issues. We're impressed with the Arctic Fox (Northwood) fit and finish. As with anything new these days though, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Spltaro View Post

We purchased our 2017 24J a couple weeks ago. We were told the 24J was discontinued for 2018. Don't know the reason.

So far we love it. No major issues. We're impressed with the Arctic Fox (Northwood) fit and finish. As with anything new these days though, time will tell.
                        Probably the usual reason, sales, or rather the lack thereof. I would imagine not having a couch would limit the customer pool quite a bit. They also sell the Nash 23D, which is almost an identical floor plan at a considerable discount.
                        2015 Nash 24M
                        (2017 or 2018 AF 28F on order)
                        Blue Ox SwayPro (1000 lb. bars)
                        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CTD CC SRW
                        Standard Bed (6'4"), Aisin, Air suspension
                        Transfer Flow 50 Gallon In-Bed Auxiliary Tank

Comment

Working...
                        X