X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

You need to confirm this with Adam...
    Probably a good idea. I only mentioned it since it came right from the campground owner who seemed very familiar with the whole rally setup. But, definitely a good idea to double check.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
    2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Thanks Shotgun but it was my understanding he was asking if he could just come by and say hi not actually attend the rally. Of course there is currently one spot left for the rally.......
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Nelson State Park will have an opening or two that week... People could drive over.... free power, water, gray ok, no black....
        Last edited by bobnelson; 04-09-2017, 06:23 AM.
        Bob & Betsy Nelson, Cove Oregon . . USN Retired . . . KE7ZRY
        2015 GMC 3500 DRW D/A - 2012 AF 1140, toad is a 98 Tracker
        Often, the Tracker is inside our 8.5 x 16' cargo trailer (aka Man Cave).
        Avatar - the three of us beside old truck.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          Thanks Shotgun but it was my understanding he was asking if he could just come by and say hi not actually attend the rally. Of course there is currently one spot left for the rally.......
          Yeah, his first sentence "I could use a little advice about making or avoiding the rally!" got me to thinking that "making" = attend. Perhaps an incorrect conclusion, but either way, it seemed the campground had sites for non-rally attendees available at the time we made our reservation.
          2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the responses, folks! Perhaps we'll get a chance to see you this summer.
            2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 4 pt leveling, Dream Dinette, 10cf fridge, 2nd 13.5 A/C, Slide Toppers, Alumaguard covers, Heated tanks.
            2018 GMC Denali 2500HD 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.5' Bed, 6.6L Duramax, Standard suspension. Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2.
            "Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." Dean Koontz, Brother Odd.

Comment

Sadly, life has thrown us a curve ball....and due to my wife's mother's health we will not be able to attend this year. I hope to see you all next year!!!
              2017 RAM CCLB DRW Aizin 4.10s
              2017 29-5T

http://www.wanderingsfromtheedge.com/

Comment

I won't be able to attend this years Rally due to physical health but I honestly hope and suspect it will be a great Rally. If possible, when they show how to do the seams (like they do every year) could a video of it be done and allow members to view it at our web site! I still need to try and work on mine but my memory of the procedure is not as strong as it once was!
                Thanks and Have Fun
                Gary Quigley
                GaryQ
                2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
                2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

Originally posted by GaryCQ View Post
                  I won't be able to attend this years Rally due to physical health but I honestly hope and suspect it will be a great Rally. If possible, when they show how to do the seams (like they do every year) could a video of it be done and allow members to view it at our web site! I still need to try and work on mine but my memory of the procedure is not as strong as it once was!
                  Thanks and Have Fun
                  Gary Quigley
                  Per the factory rep. at the 2016 rally, Northwood uses: Geocel "2300 MHRV" for recaulking doors, trim & windows.

Here's how they showed us to apply the Geocel during a live demonstration:

1) Clean old sealant with lacquer thinner or mineral spirits.
                  2) Use a plastic scraper (nylon putty tool) to remove old caulking.
                  3) Apply a bead of new caulk (use "Geocel" caulking).
                  4) Mix few drops of Dawn soap & water in a spray bottle. Spray caulking bead and run a CLEAN finger down area along bead to smooth caulk.
                  5) Only caulk sides and top of windows, hatches, etc, to allow any water to drain away.
                  Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Tick Tock!!! Getting closer and closer to the rally. We are looking forward to our first "long" trip in our Fox. I've heard lots about Cabbage Hill and its steepness. Any suggestions for a newbie towing a 5'ver? I'm assuming I should just take in slow and steady. I have a monitor which displays my EGT levels, so I am figuring I let that help guide me to my speed levels.
                    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Plug it Right: TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
                      I've heard lots about Cabbage Hill and its steepness. Any suggestions...
                      Yikes! Any good alternate routes coming from Medford?

2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

• Oh man I really need to get working on it don't I !
                        Once you done Cabbage hill you will realize it not all that bad. The road is wide and has three lanes going up with sweeping turns. So just plan on using the middle lane, the far right lane will be where most of the semi's will be. After the first corner just settle in for a nice 45mph pace and cruise right on up. Sometimes in the middle lane you have to jump over the far left lane to go around a slow semi who has moved out of the far right lane who is trying to pass a even slower semi in the far right lane but that is about it. Going back down is not all that bad either, just watch your speed and watch for semi's going real slow in the right lane after you go around one of the corners If you are in the right lane. The view is great on the way down, there is a viewing area but the exit is on a corner so it catches you off guard despite the signs. I normally just go down in the left lane and just move right if/when someone comes up behind me. Again not all that bad of a hill, there is a lot worse out there! Also remember you can googlemap it at street view level to virtual drive it. Done this to a lot of roads.
                        Adam
                        2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                        07 AF31W Mod's
                        Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

• Thanks Adam. Sounds like not quite as bad as it seemed.
                          2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

• Ditto Adam, thanks.
                            2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Plug it Right: TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

• I've found that the 'Mountian Directory West, for truckers, RV and motorhomes' a great reference. You can get either a printed book, ebook and now an app for you phone.
                              The Mountain Directory printed books, apps, and ebooks give the locations and descriptions of over 700 mountain passes and steep grades in 22 states.
                              2015 Nash 23D 2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost screw, 4x4.

Comment

• Has anyone talked about getting together on Monday night for an informal dinner in town? It can be any restaurant suitable for a small, very docile group of RVers (LOL).
                                Joe & Jewel
                                2013 AF 25W (50,000+ miles)
                                ProPride hitch w/1400 lb. WD
                                2007 HD2500 Silverado Classic CC short bed (185,000+ miles)
                                Fiberglass tonneau cover, ATI Aux Fuel Tank
                                Banks Economind tuner & Banks IQ with backup camera
                                Banks Monster Exhaust System, Raptor fuel lift pump
                                Fuel pressure relief valve changed to a solid race plug

KD4QN - Joe
                                N4JQC - Jewel

Comment

Working...
                                X