Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam.......We arrive on 19th and I'm ready to be of any help with setup, take down etc. Last year was our first and just started to get the picture. So, while the wife has a bad head cold at present, I am ready to be helpful if needed. Smokey (Neil)
    Neil and Marilyn and Beemer (feline)
    2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Chevy tires are 275/75R18 125/122 3540 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.
    2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, Plug-It-Right 510 TPMS

Comment

• Ahhhhh..... home again. Movers moved our stuff to storage and I'm back in La Grande.
      2017 RAM CCLB DRW Aizin 4.10s
      2017 29-5T

http://www.wanderingsfromtheedge.com/

Comment

• I wish I could go to the Rally, maybe next year. Like most of my life these days it is strictly in God's Hands but really I couldn't ask for a better supplier. It was really nice being there last summer but I still plan on using my 29-5T. I know people who are older than my 77 years who still traveling and seeing. Fear is not in my game plan but taking it easy and enjoying the sights and places are. When you see the Beauty of God's creations, well you just want to see more and RVing is the best way to do it. So my fellow RVer's enjoy and just take your time! God Bless, whether you believe or not.
        Gary
        GaryQ
        2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
        2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

• Gary, its was great that you did make it last year, was great to catch up with you.
          Adam
          2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
          07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
          07 AF31W Mod's
          Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

• Hi, just checked with Gail at Grande Hot Springs resort about a late reservation, and she says there are about 3 cancellations, but needed to check with the rally coordinator to see if there is a wait list. Am I going to get a spot, do you think? We're picking up our new 27-5L Thursday at Thunder RV and hope to just swing over and do our first time set-up. Didn't make earlier reservations (and didn't expect to get in) because we weren't sure when we were going to be there for our trailer.
            2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 4 pt leveling, Dream Dinette, 10cf fridge, 2nd 13.5 A/C, Slide Toppers, Alumaguard covers, Heated tanks.
            2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Crew Cab, 6.5' Bed, 6.6L Duramax. Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2 (to start with, at least).
            "Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." Dean Koontz, Brother Odd.

Comment

• All on the wait list have signed up so not more wait list! So yes join in, after you arrive come find me. Can't tell you where I will be but usually not hard to find.

Adam
              07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Thanks! And Gail called and said we're confirmed for a 50 amp site, but on the other side from most of the folks at the rally. If you want entertainment bring a video camera and watch me try and set up for the first time Thursday afternoon or evening. Might be some viral video moments! Looking forward to meeting folks. Do we need to do anything ahead of time to join one of the factory tours?
                2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 4 pt leveling, Dream Dinette, 10cf fridge, 2nd 13.5 A/C, Slide Toppers, Alumaguard covers, Heated tanks.
                2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Crew Cab, 6.5' Bed, 6.6L Duramax. Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2 (to start with, at least).
                "Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." Dean Koontz, Brother Odd.

Comment

• Looking for anyone currently at the rally who has a head set of any kind with a 3.5mm jack to test my head phone jack on my laptop this morning. If so I am in site #8
                  Adam
                  07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Ok for those who did not get the message, Saturday @ 9:30 Torklift is offering a one day only discount to anyone who attends their seminar of 41% off and free shipping for any item on their website. You must be in attendance to get this deal.

This morning will be the APV webinar @ 10am in the Eagle nest followed by the closes to pin golf contest at 1:30 out between the display trailers and the big top.
                    For those of you going to today's factory tour remember to be at Northwood' office by 2:45. Their address is 59948 Downs rd, which you can google directions or just follow the other members as there usually is quite the line of trucks going.
                    The potluck dinner is tonight fell free to bring what ever you want but do bring something to attend. It starts at 5pm so bring your dishes with a serving utensil by 4:45 to the food tent behind the Eagles nest. Some one there will be there to take from you.
                    Tonights movie at 7pm (or as soon as we get dinner cleaned up) will be a John Wayne film titled McLintock. We will have bags of fresh popped popcorn for those who want one but you will need to bring your own refreshment to drink.
                    Adam
                    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Friday - 23rd:

9:00am - SkyMed - Bruce and Pauline Pokallus from SkyMed will be doing a presentation for Emergency Travel Evacuation. Its quite an impressive program, please come on down to the Eagles nest and give them some of your time. Coffee & dounuts/muffins and will also be available after the presentation.

10:30 - Bingo in the Eagle Nest

1:00 - 2:30pm - Seminars this year will be on your personal safety

- Safety seminars -
                      Personal Safety = Presented by local sheriff office
                      Fire Safety = Presented by La Grande fire department

3:30pm - Northwood factory tour. Meet outside of Northwood's office @ 3:15pm

7:00pm - Social gathering in the Eagle Nest.
                      Bring your favorite beverage and glass along with an appetizer with serving spoon(plate/napkins/silverware provided) Chat with your fellow RV'ers about 30 minutes in we will play a fun game called Transfer the cotton ball!

8:30pm- Campfire
                      Adam
                      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• This is for those who requested more info on the RV fire seminar http://www.macthefireguy.com/
                        Adam
                        07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Adam, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your wife for an amazing week. Everything went off like a well oiled machine. Next I wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE! What a great group of people and so welcoming. It was great to meet the folks I "spoke" with most often on the forum and to meet new ones. Safe travels home to you all.
                          2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, auto, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension,WirelessAir by Air Lift, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Plug it Right: TPMS TST 507.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
                            Adam, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your wife for an amazing week. Everything went off like a well oiled machine. Next I wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE! What a great group of people and so welcoming. It was great to meet the folks I "spoke" with most often on the forum and to meet new ones. Safe travels home to you all.
                            +1... But my +1 really doesn't do justice to what Adam, his family and al the volunteers did to make this event a life-time memory. As a first-timer, I can say we were overwhelmed with all that we enjoyed and as Copper865 said..."what a great group of people." Ya just can't beat the Northwood community.
                            2015 AF 27-5L, 2016 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7 Diesel, SB, 4x4, Off Road and 10,000lb Payload Package,

Comment

• It sounds like the Rally was again a great success!!!!! While I'm still bummed that we couldn't be there it was great to hear so much fun was had. Kudo's to Adam and all the "helpers" for a great job. Hugs, Di
                              2015 Single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Asian tranny,DeBoe slidestep, AMP Door & side steps, Pace Edwards auto roll top cover.
                              1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers. http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoChuck View Post

+1... But my +1 really doesn't do justice to what Adam, his family and al the volunteers did to make this event a life-time memory. As a first-timer, I can say we were overwhelmed with all that we enjoyed and as Copper865 said..."what a great group of people." Ya just can't beat the Northwood community.
                                Much better said!! Thanks Sequim!!
                                2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, auto, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension,WirelessAir by Air Lift, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Plug it Right: TPMS TST 507.

Comment

Working...
                                X