Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, The dog fee is $4.00 per dog per night. We had a $32.00 extra for the 2 dogs when we booked.
    Rick.
    *ON 2007 RAM 2500QC, Cummins 5.9L Diesel, Auto, 4X4, 3.73, 2008 Arctic Fox 29V traded for SOB

Comment

Reservations made. Arriving Wed. leaving Monday. Judy and I looking forward to seeing all that show up in September.
      Lee and Judy
      SOB

Comment

Erick and I have our reservations at Atlantic Oaks; arriving Wed. 9/6 and leaving Mon. 9/11. Looking forward to the reunion.

Kathy
        Kathy & Erick
        2011 AF 22 H
        2011 Ford F-250 4x4, SC, 6.7L V-8 Diesel, 3.55 axle

Comment

I used to live on the "Cape" and traveled there last year over 4th of July. The Cape is so over-crowded every weekend, because there are only two bridges over the canal. The traffic back-up can be unbelievable. It took us two hours to go 6 miles in Sandwich where you are allowed to camp on the beach for an outrageous price..you have to pay the whole non-resident price for the year, plus a nightly fee. Having been both resident and non-resident visitor for my whole life, I can tell you that the place empties out after labor day. My husband and I got married Sep 7 at Fort Hill in Eastham (pronounced East...ham (think pork). It was two days after labor day and we watched all the traffic going west as we were going east. We planned it that way. We lived in CT at the time. My grandmother lived in Orleans (Cape) and when we visited we would leave at 4:30 Monday morning to go to work in Hartford, CT. ,just to avoid a sometimes 4 hour exit off the Cape on Sunday afternoon.

On the other hand, Sept is the most beautiful time of the year. It's worth staying past labor day, if the weather is good.They have long autumns, right into December.

I have to tell you, it's an "us against them" mentality in a greedy economy. Residents against visitors, even though visitors are their bread and butter. The residents are not rich. They have to make their money in only a few months. The fishing industry collapsed while we lived there because of constant govt. restrictions. In the winter, all you see is the poor folk. The really rich go somewhere warm.Yes, the parks are full all summer long, with waiting lists. This allows them to squeeze every last dollar out of visitors. It's been 25 years since I lived there, but, I do visit family every few years. Things have gotten much worse because it costs so much to live in New England. The dog fee is new to me. I have two cats, wonder if I'd be charged for them, too?

So...bring money. Be prepared for long lines in restaurants, on the mid-cape highway (rt. 6), and to some beaches. Don't speed. Expect ticks. If you are prepared for these few things, you will see some of the most beautiful beaches in the world..Especially from Eastham and out. Go to Provincetown to see the quaint and weird. Go on a whale watch (reserve early), and enjoy the rail trail, a bike ride you won't forget, built on an old railway that goes through the middle of the whole Cape the last I heard. And don't forget to go to the National Seashore (Eastham) for education, bike trails and beauty. It's a trip you will never forget and worth the inconveniences. Oh, and have my very favorite food, lobster...yum, yum.

Comment

Can one assume that with just 18 responses that the east coast rally is small as they need a Feb deadline to book? Not to mention 4.00/night for a dog? If locals can only make it by ripping off vacationers then maybe they need to find a new hobby. I'm from the west and I like to listen to the coyotes howl. :-)
            Neil and Marilyn and Beemer (feline)
            2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Chevy tires are 275/75R18 125/122 3540 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.
            2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, Plug-It-Right 510 TPMS

Comment

BTW, I know having grown up in western NY that there is much beauty in the northeast US, etc. I just don't like crowds, but I do like meeting new people. :-)
              2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Chevy tires are 275/75R18 125/122 3540 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.
              2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, Plug-It-Right 510 TPMS

Comment

Yes, I live out west, now, also. But, coyotes howl in the east, too. It was in the woods in Connecticut, where my son lives, that my prized Siamese cat slipped out a camper door that hadn't fully latched and promptly got eaten by coyotes. I know because they howled so loud that evening you would think they were on the other side of the house. Probably were. Just gloating over their little prize who probably was not at all afraid of them because his best friend was 120 lb. German Shepherd. Now, I hate hearing them. Called and looked for my baby for a week. And cried a lot, too. Like I said, a great place to visit, but, I never want to live there, again. I love big sky country. Now I get claustrophobia in all those millions of trees and 1 1/2 lane, curvy roads that people seem to think need to be traveled 20 miles over the speed limit...guess my age is showing.

Comment

Sorry about your kitty. We, several years ago had our cat get out and we live on edge of a green space with coyotes often in our condo assn. 23 days later I caught him in a friendly trap. How a coyote didn't get him I don't know, he was lucky! I suppose coyotes are everywhere these days. He was my wifes cat before we met. Fortunately it was a happy ending.

Comment

We are planning on being in New England over the summer and fall. Is it still possible to sign up and reserve a spot for the rally if we can make it over that way?
                    2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 300 watt Zamp Solar Kit, 2 T105 Trojan 6 volts, 5.5 Onan LP Generator, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac.

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Florida based

Comment

Absolutely. Just call the Atlantic Oaks Campground when you know your travel schedule. Since it will be off-season (sort of - fall is popular on Cape Cod), you can most likely get reservations. Remember to say you are with the NROA group. Also, keep watch on this site; as the summer passes, there will be more postings about t-shirts, food, and beer - all important stuff.
                      Kathy & Erick
                      2011 AF 22 H

Comment

Looking forward to our East Coast Rally in September. It is that time that we need everyone's t-shirt size.
                        If anyone else has booked or is planning on trying to book please let us know so we can order the t-shirts.
                        Stay tuned for more information as we get closer.
                        Joe and Kathy
                        Joe and Kathy
                        2014 Arctic Fox 25R.
                        2012 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L.

Comment

Joe,
                          One medium, one small for Monique and myself. See you in Sept.
                          Rick.
                          *ON 2007 RAM 2500QC, Cummins 5.9L Diesel, Auto, 4X4, 3.73, 2008 Arctic Fox 29V traded for SOB

Comment

Hi, Joe & Kathy:

Make that two large t-shirts for us.

Kathy & Erick
                            Kathy & Erick
                            2011 AF 22 H

Comment

Hope to see you all at the AF Cape Cod Rally . Will have a WEATHER GUARD. MODEL 664-5-01 for sale. Less than a year old. In new condition. Need to sell because I found out a Soft Topper was more important than a WEATHER GUARD box. Paid $629 for the box. Will sell for $400. LED lights were installed and will be included in the sale. Please contact Ted at tkobishyn@gmail.com so we can rendezvous.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X