Apache in Portland Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache in Portland Question

If you bought from them or know of a good salesperson there to deal with I would appreciate their name. As I don't mind driving to pick it up, I am ready to send our order spec sheet for a 26N and plan to include a couple dealers in addition to our local dealer. Apache and Thunder are the ones I have pretty much decided on. If our local dealer is competitive on price I will use them of course, but I was not too impressed by their dealer PDI or walk through 2+ years ago with our 17K. Their knowledge of the Northwood products was not good either.

Thanks
    2001 Ford F-350 V-10 62,000 miles
    2015 Nash 17K - Soon to be for sale. Sad, but
    excited about starting retirement with a new Nash.

We have been to Thunder, and would have used them if not that the drive would have been too long for the eventual warranty work. Given the experience with the dealer we did use, I am sorry we did not use Thunder.

see this: http://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum/...781#post250781

and this: http://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum/...th-many-issues
    2016 F-350 SD 4x4 CC LB DRW; B&W RVK3300 Hitch

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K; All bells and fully whistled.

Comment

I was very pleased with Thunder when we purchased our Nash.
      2013 Nash 23F, Ford F150 Lariat SuperCab, 5.4L, Tow Pkg, Equal-I-zer Hitch and Clancy, the English Springer Spaniel.

Comment

I have purchased from Apache and will be picking up my next trailer from them on 5/27. Kevin is the manager and I dealt with him for my first purchase. I am dealing with Harold for my current purchase. Both delivered outstanding service.

I recently went through a PDI with Deerfield Fox and they spent hours going through their new 35-5z and explaining everything to them, just as they did with me three years ago. They even setup their hitch and brake controller, even though they were purchased and installed elsewhere.

As I was cleaning out the Nash, I went through the binder I received from Apache. It contains the manufacturers manual for all of the installed components (heater, AC, converter, etc.).
        2015 Nash 24M
        (2017 or 2018 AF 28F on order)
        Blue Ox SwayPro (1000 lb. bars)
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CTD CC SRW
        Standard Bed (6'4"), Aisin, Air suspension
        Transfer Flow 50 Gallon In-Bed Auxiliary Tank

Comment

We purchased ours from Apache in Portland. First sent an email through their website with some questions on the other brand they carry, got a response back from Chuck Matthews who worked with us. We were headed to Portland to see grandkids on a Sunday, he openly offered to meet us at the lot a couple hours before they normally opened on the Sunday so we didn't cut short the time with the grandkids. With a few other things we inquired into along the way, he earned out business. Also in the process we connected with Kevin on the phone, later meeting him in person. They move a lot of rigs through both from selling as well as service so at times in can be a bit chaotic, but they do know how to take care of people.
          Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Our 2 Northwood products were purchased from both of the mentioned dealers--the 1996 Nash 26J from Apache in Portland and the Fox from Thunder. The purchase from Apache was OK--service on getting some problems fixed was not, but of course that kind of thing changes with the change in service managers and the years as they go by. The Nash eventually went back to the factory for most of the problems--twice the first year and about 5 more times before we sold it in 2002. The Fox was detailed and waiting for us in LaGrande on a cold partly snowy day in April. All systems had been checked and were running and we did a very extensive PDI with them on it--only a few minor issues were found. A water leak was fixed when we towed it over to the factory. Our Fox is 14 years old and have never experienced the problems the new trailers have quality wise. We've never had a stripped screw, but recently one door hinge is sagging so it needs to be looked at. I do strongly recommend Thunder.
            Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
            2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
            2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 240K Miles (4/12/2017)

Comment

We purchased from Apache in Everett. We asked them ahead of time to schedule enough time for a long, thorough PDI, but when we showed up they tried to pressure us to hurry up.
              2013 Nash 17K
              2004 Ford F250 Super Duty xlt diesel 6.0L

Comment

We used Apache in Portland. Kevin, the owner, is who helped us. We found him to be great. When we picked up our unit they allowed us as long as we needed for our PDI. I was a little disappointed when I needed some work done, as the workmanship was not what I expected. I said something to the service manager and he made it right. So, in the end I can not complain too much. I am VERY particular and I realize my expectations can be a little high. They now know I will absolutely check their work, so the next fixes that need done, I expect the workmanship will be better.
                2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, auto, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension,WirelessAir by Air Lift, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Fan-Tastic Ultrabreeze Vent covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
                  I expect the workmanship will be better.
                  Being particular is not a negative attribute, "particularly" when you consider the tens of thousands that you spent on the unit. The more people hold dealers to a performance standard the better it is for all customers.

2016 F-350 SD 4x4 CC LB DRW; B&W RVK3300 Hitch

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K; All bells and fully whistled.

Comment

We purchased our 27-5l from Apache in Portland in 2015. Chuck Matthews was our sales person. We had a very good experience from start to finish with everyone we dealt with there. We have had service work done there under warranty and was satisfied with it.
                    Susan and Steve
                    Olympia WA
                    2014 27-5L
                    2014 F350

Comment

We have bought two 22G from Apache--one in 2002 & one last June. Excellent sales &service. They don't screw around with pressure sales techniques and price was absolutely competitive. Service is excellent. All sales people worked together. We stopped in many times before buying second trailer, very helpful. Other dealers always want to nickel dime which is very insulting.
                      2016 Chevrolet one ton diesel
                      2016 AF22G, solar, sit/sleep

Comment

Originally posted by FLYFISHER View Post
                        We have bought two 22G from Apache--one in 2002 & one last June. Excellent sales &service. They don't screw around with pressure sales techniques and price was absolutely competitive. Service is excellent. All sales people worked together. We stopped in many times before buying second trailer, very helpful. Other dealers always want to nickel dime which is very insulting.
                        So true about no pressure sales techniques!! It was a breath of fresh air in dealing with Kevin. We looked at a company down in Junction City and talk about pressure!!! Yikes. Awful. I only wish Apache was further south, say...in Salem or Albany.
                        2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, auto, Banks cold air intake, Banks Power Monster-Ram intake manifold, Airdog II 4G, BD Diesel steering box support bar, PAK Brake AMP Air Suspension,WirelessAir by Air Lift, Edge Insight CTS Monitor w/ EGT probe, B&W Companion Hitch.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, Fan-Tastic Ultrabreeze Vent covers.

Comment

There's a pretty good dealer just north of McMinnville--Dayton is the address I think--Water Dog RV. One member on the forum bought there and friends got a new one there. It had a slide leak when it was brand new and they fixed it quickly and well.
                          Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                          2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires
                          2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake, 240K Miles (4/12/2017)

Comment

I bought 27-5L from dealer in Junction City in late 2015. I wouldn't do business with them again. In 2010 I looked at used AF 990's at Apache and was treated well. I did end up buying for much less off Craigslist however. I, if buying again would look at Apache, but seeing how favorable Thunder is thought on this site, I'd check them out for sure.
                            Neil and Marilyn

2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, 275/75R18 125/122 3540 lb rated Tires, 40 gal Transfer Flow aux tank
                            2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
                              seeing how favorable Thunder is thought on this site, I'd check them out for sure.
                              Thunder is one of the three I sent inquiries to through their websites and I did contact them though for that very reason. It has only been 4 days but Thunder is the only one of the three that did not get back to me yet. In any case I had kind of thought that Thunder was too far from us since it is exactly the opposite corner of the state from here. My son has been living and working in that area so I thought picking up a TT from them would also be a good reason for another visit. He just found out a couple of days ago that his company is advancing him to a job located in Portland. Interesting how things sometimes go.

2001 Ford F-350 V-10 62,000 miles
                              2015 Nash 17K - Soon to be for sale. Sad, but
                              excited about starting retirement with a new Nash.

Comment

Working...
                              X