Where to have keys made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to have keys made?

We would like some extra keys made for our rig. Can these be found easily or should we look somewhere special? Specifically, we want keys for the entry door and pass-throuhg storage compartments. We have changed the locks on all of the other storage compartments to a different kind. Thanks.

This is where we had extras made:

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Shop?search=keys
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
      This is where we had extras made:

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Shop?search=keys
      Thanks, Dave. How does this work... I can't imagine that all Gxxx and Gyyy keys fit all of the same locks. Do we need a key code or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ArticFoxy View Post

Thanks, Dave. How does this work... I can't imagine that all G___ and G___ keys fit all of the same locks. Do we need a key code or something?
        If you have a G___ key, then it will unlock all G___ locks.

Common in RV's, our prior SOB key opened 50% of all their RV locks.

Many AF members have re-keyed their lock(s).

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

If you have a Gxxx key, then it will unlock all Gxxx locks.

Common in RV's, our prior SOB key opened 50% of all their RV locks.

Many AF members have re-keyed their lock(s).
          So, then, can I assume that not all 29-5Ts use keys with the same numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by ArticFoxy View Post

So, then, can I assume that not all 29-5Ts use keys with the same numbers?
            As of 2016 (prior post), there were 60 different key codes Northwood was using for their main door locks.

Many members on the newer AF's had the same key code used on the exterior doors and front generator compartment (different from the main door key) and changed those locks.

Comment

I had keys made at local hardware store.
              Roy and Vickie, plus 1 English Shepherd, 1 Dachshund, 1 English Cocker Spaniel
              2011 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2015 Arctic Fox 29-5T, B&W Companion Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Royb View Post
                I had keys made at local hardware store.
                Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Every travel trailer I've owned or towed has used a standard 751 key for exterior compartment doors. They should be cheap and easy to find at any rv dealer. Main (people) entry doors vary.
                  Harvey Barlow
                  USN Retired
                  Crosby County, TX
                  2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab & Chassis, Cummins ISB6.7 Aisin CM Flatbed BrakeSmart Transfer Flow 200k+ miles
                  2011 Arctic Fox 26X, Yamaha 2400

Comment

Side compartments are Tri Mark's, except for water and power access those are the std 751's. I think I changed my front compartment and battery compartment but can't really remember! LOL. The entry door can be made at a hardware store.
                    Rick & Debbi El Paso, Texas (NJ5W/N5GHN)
                    2016 27-5L Silver Fox Edition
                    2015 GMC Denali Duramax, Allison Trans, B&W Companion hitch, Ultimate Air Bags

Comment

Originally posted by rreynolds51 View Post
                      Side compartments are Tri Mark's, except for water and power access those are the std 751's. I think I changed my front compartment and battery compartment but can't really remember! LOL. The entry door can be made at a hardware store.
                      We have already replaced our CH751 locks everywhere they were with tubular locks. We will try a couple hardware stores for the passenger entry door and pass-through compartment before ordering online.

Comment

Now I'm wondering if the storage door locks that are trimarks are all the same!! Ugh!!

Comment

Just a follow up note. Industrial Lock & Hardware, Inc (ch751.com) will be at the Quartzsite Show next week if you guys need something.

Comment

Originally posted by rreynolds51 View Post
                            Now I'm wondering if the storage door locks that are trimarks are all the same!! Ugh!!
                            Yep, when we pick up our 2016 27-5L the service manager who was about to retire did our PDI with us. We got to talking about the keys and he said all AF have the same locks for the slam latches ( Trimark) and CH751 on all the other locks like shore power, fresh water and battery. The only unique key is your door key.
                            2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
                            2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C Surge Protector

Comment

Thr rvlockstoreand mor just told ud All of the Global compartment locks are keyed to a G391 but the idea of these compartment locks is to have them rekeyed at the dealer to match your entrance lock to make them all more secure and give you the convenience of having only one key." So why weren't they?

Comment

Working...
                              X