Camping World Disappoints Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping World Disappoints Again.

I am not nor have I ever been a fan of Camping World.

Recently they had the best price on a replacement carbon monoxide detector. So against every intuition in my brain I went ahead and ordered it online. As long as I was ordering I added some Dicor caulk and Rubber roof cleaner. I received an email confirmation of my order with an advisement that I would be updated as my order progresses. After a week and hearing nothing further from Camping World (no surprise here) I did some checking and found my order had shipped, was damaged in shipment, and was being returned to sender. I waited a few days and checked again and saw it was received by CW. I still have not heard anything from CW. So I fired off an email as to the status of my order and receive a response from CW the next day advising I would receive a refund to my credit card in 3-5 business days. No explanation, no offer to reship the order. After 5 days I received a credit for everything except the rubber roof cleaner! Apparently they leaked or were damaged in some way and UPS tossed them and they were not returned to CW. So I fire off another email and am told by the brilliant scholars at CW that I would receive the rest of my credit in 3-5 business days. Of course that did not happen. I disputed this with my credit card company who instantly gave me the credit and advised it was permanent. (Hats off to Citibank)

So CW never updated me on the status of my order, never offered to reship, never explained what happened, didn't give me a full credit for the whole order that I never received, and yet they "really appreciate my business".

This is not my first rodeo with these idiots. It is my last.

Tony
    2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
    Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
    2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
    Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

I've had similar experiences w/CW. They advertise free shipping, and tack on a special handling or some other BS charge. Since Good Sam is owned by the same outfit I'm reconsidering my Good Sam membership as well. Yet another huge corporation taking over independently owned businesses. Ugh.
    Jim & Grace
    2011 2500HD 6.6L Duramax, Edge Evolution Programmer
    2016 AF 27-5L, Hensley BD-3 Hitch, 4 Point Leveling, Titan Disc Brakes
    2008 Miniature Golden Doodle

I thought growing old would take longer....

Comment

I have had very good experience from Amazon, PPL, Tweetys, and American RV Company.

I use Amazon the most.
      2016 F-350 SD 4x4 CC LB DRW; B&W RVK3300 Hitch

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K; All bells and fully whistled.

Comment

I agree. I used to be a good Sam member but was inundated with wth ads and other promotional materials. I did not renew and am happy I did not. CW prices seem high to me. I prefer to shop elsewhere.
        Buzz & Debbie
        2016 Arctic Fox 25W
        2016 Chevrolet 2500HD w Duramax Plus

Comment

A friend had a similar CW story so makes one wonder if they will ever figure out things and improve. I only use CW for things we purchase at their stores and that isn't that much any more. I keep telling people where I live that Amazon is my favorite store, second might be etrailer.
          Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Ten years ago, we were all in. Camping World Presidents member, Good Sam, Good Sam ERS, Trailer Life magazine. Got so much junk mail, we finally dropped Good Sam to get it to stop.

The consolidations of all these businesses started happening (they are now ALL owned by one entity). Camping World went from stocking two, three, sometimes four manufacturers for a single product to one "preferred" vendor. I guess it is whoever makes Camping World the most money because reducing selection and increasing prices are not customer friendly moves. Now, their selection is terrible and their prices not competitive. Also, since they started selling RV's, their parking lots look like a bizarre. The magazines started to become advertising vehicles for their other products (Camping World, Good Sam, etc).

I very rarely go into a Camping World; I prefer Amazon or Walmart. Good Sam/Good Sam ERS are long gone. Stopped subscribing to the magazines as well. Too little content versus self serving ads.

It's a bit sad, because we used to enjoy going to our local Camping World and trolling up and down the aisles for useful and needed items. Now, most of the stuff they sell is overpriced or junk.
            2018 Arctic Fox 28F
            2015 Nash 24M (traded May 2017)
            Blue Ox SwayPro (1500 lb. bars)
            2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CTD CC SRW
            Standard Bed (6'4"), Aisin, Air suspension
            Transfer Flow 50 Gallon In-Bed Auxiliary Tank

Comment

Back in 2012 when shopping for a fifth wheel prior to purchasing our Fox we stopped at the CW in Avondale, AZ to look at units. Every new unit we looked at was trashed in some way. Filthy carpets, broken hardware, tow hitch wiring loom pulled out and missing from the hitch. We looked at one unit seriously (my gut was telling me run, run) because we really liked the floorplan. The shower surround was coming off the walls, it was hot out and the A/C did not work. A tech literally ripped the thermostat off the wall trying to get the AC to work. He failed. The unit was overpriced. It did not look like a brand new RV. "Don't worry, we'll fix everything and make it look like new" said the salesman. We ran and never looked back. Would have been a huge mistake to purchase any RV from them.
              Tony
              2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
              Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
              2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
              Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                A friend had a similar CW story so makes one wonder if they will ever figure out things and improve. I only use CW for things we purchase at their stores and that isn't that much any more. I keep telling people where I live that Amazon is my favorite store, second might be etrailer.
                I do not see them getting any better any time soon. They seem to be driven by quantity not quality and with tiny home movement there is no shortage of people moving in to travel trailers and motor coaches these days. Now that I think about, I can't recall ever getting a customer survey either.

I traded in SOB for SOB last year at CW, when I did that I received their Elite Membership for three years. I use it for the fuel discounts. Once it expires I'm done.

Comment

I only use the Camping World stores. Have had good luck at the Rogers, MN, Nashville, TN and the Kingston, NY store. If I am buying online it is usually Amazon.
                  2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

I had a similar experience with Amazon.
                    Wiring harness was shipped, then an email came saying I was getting refunded the full amount as the package was "Undeliverable."
                    I guess that meant that it got wrecked during shipping.

There was no explanation, or suggestion to re-order.
                    I did get fully refunded, so I simply re-ordered it and it arrived a few days later.

Comment

Originally posted by skytech View Post
                      I had a similar experience with Amazon.
                      Wiring harness was shipped, then an email came saying I was getting refunded the full amount as the package was "Undeliverable."
                      I guess that meant that it got wrecked during shipping.

There was no explanation, or suggestion to re-order.
                      I did get fully refunded, so I simply re-ordered it and it arrived a few days later.
                      The same thing happened to me with a book.
                      2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                      2018 Arctic Fox 29L
                      *2001 Arctic Fox 29V Sold
                      South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Working...
                      X