Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Progressive Industries 50 Amp Electrical Management System

Edit: 11/28/17

We have just decided to keep the EMS and use it in conjunction with the autoformer that at first we thought would replace it. Turns out, having both seems to be the ticket. Sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused!

============================================

We just bought this but decided not to use it. The comany we bought it from won't take it back because we opened the package. We will deliver it to you for $300. If interested please send a private message. It is the 50 amp model that you hard wire into your RV so it isn't outdoors where it can be easily stolen or ruined by rain. It includes the remote control panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2018.JPG Views:	2 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	264176
    Last edited by ArticFoxy; 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM. Reason: Took the EMS off the market (see edit at top dated 11/28/17)

Why did you decide not to install it?
    Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, 373, B & W Companion.

Comment

We decided on the Hughes Autoformer instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ArticFoxy View Post
        We decided on the Hughes Autoformer instead.
        Expiring minds are curious as to why you decided on this over the PI?
        2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
        2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Both nice units slight different functions and abilities. If you really want (money aside) the best protection for your rig, use both of them together Autoformer then EMS.
          Randy & Connie
          Northern CA
          2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
          2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

I watched the Autoformer video.

I was surprised they recommend putting a brick under the unit and a plastic trash can over it, to keep it away from water since it's not weatherproof.... and it's "designed" to be used next to a outside RV pedestal in the elements?
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

I was surprised they recommend putting a brick under the unit and a plastic trash can over it, to keep it away from water since it's not weatherproof.... and it's "designed" to be used next to a outside RV pedestal in the elements?
              That is true, but a lot of people use them and like the way they function to boost voltage. It is nice to see we have some choices based on our individual needs.

$300 delivered is a good deal for someone on the EMS, should be gone in no time!
              Randy & Connie
              Northern CA
              2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

I do not think that the Autoformer (at least by reading the site) protects the system like the Progressive EMS does. I saw nothing that provides a readout, just colored light displays, and I did not see where it blocks the issues prior to energizing the coach.

It does have an internal mounting kit: https://hughesautoformers.com/produc...ll-kit-50-amp/
                2016 F-350 SD 4x4 CC LB DRW; B&W RVK3300 Hitch

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K; All bells and fully whistled.

Comment

I think the OP was just looking to sell the EMS, but a Progressive vs Hughes thread might be a good topic.
                  Randy & Connie
                  Northern CA

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post

Expiring minds are curious as to why you decided on this over the PI?
                    For the voltage boosting ability the PI doesn't have. Our thinking is that more problems may be caused by low voltage than by spikes. This unit protects against both. I have to admit some ignorance and limited knowledge on this subject. We may wind up using both units as suggested by another poster... still learning, here.
                    Last edited by ArticFoxy; 11-17-2017, 07:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                    X